Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest route to the airport

Options
  • 06-05-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I was wondering if someone could tell me the quickest route to the airport from the city centre (pearse street specifically) I heard the port tunnel is good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 coneyre

Oh yes I forgot to mention travelling by car.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the tunnel is undoubtedly the quickest route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yeah the port tunnel would be by far the fastest. From Pearse St though I think you'd have to go all the way up to Tara St and cross the river there to go back down the North Quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you could get the Airport Express rail shuttle.....oh no sorry, I spent the weekend in 2026 and havent adjusted yet....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

From Pearse st you could head out towards Ringsend, then onto the East Link & access to Port Tunnel that way.

Of course, you'd have to pay a toll on the East-Link as well as the tunnel (and depending on what time of day it is the tunnel could cost you up to €12).

It is a quick route though, you'll get through the tunnel in about 5 minutes, leaving you on to the M50 at Coolock, from there it's a short run to the airport exit on the M1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement