Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 05-05-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

i am studyin in wit and am two years throu a 3 year cours... some of results have been poor fails 40's 50's 60's hope to improve ther next year as heard accontacy firms only look at your last years results is that true...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aintnosunshine

I know for the Big 4 you have to give all your results for every semester on the application form even your leaving cert if i remember correctly.. they will just look to see have u been consistent, or improving or disimproving.. they will also look especially to see how you did in the accounting subjects so if some of ur marketing or HRM subjects are low but ur accounting ones are better they won't mind too much.. also bear in mind that most of the Big 4 won't call you to an interview without a 2.1 and since the Milk round is in November they only have your penultimate year results. hope this helps u.

good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Applying throught e milround is the most difficult way to get an interview. Repeating a course is big deal as well. I applied after the milkround when the reopened for application in audit. I did not have to submit a transcript, but they did ask about it. I went to college in the States and had a 3.1 GPA, which is bewteen a high 2.2 and a low 2.1; however, the system is different, and if I had just taken courses in my major I would've had a high 2.1 to a low 1st. One question I got asked was about repeats. I only repeated 2 course, both from first year. They didn't seem to mind, especially since I went from failing to a 1st. Also, consider you department wisely. There is a high need for people in audit, and in a big 4, I've herd of people transfering departments after their training contract ends if the company wants them to stay. Also, try to get an internship and really use your CV as a marketing tool. Those things will help. I got an offer from a Big4 with a BA in English and not interships or experience. I used my CV and then my interview to market myself.

Good luck!

Advertisement