Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's Hangover Talk!

Options
  • 05-05-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

Earlier today, after a mad night out, me and my mate went into the shop on the way home. He said something that cracked me up, twas his attitude that made it funny.

*We walk into the shop*
    He says "man I'm getting some Ben and Jerrys"
    "Yeah alright cool"

*He looks the freezer up and down*

And just as an old woman walks by he raises his voice and shouts "MAN I WOULD RAPE A TUB OF VANILLA CARAMEL FUDGE RIGHT NOW"

The voice, the look on his face, and the people around, pure class. Never laughed so hard!

Anyone here know any funny hangover shopping storys? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I remember looking for pizza in Dunnes at 3am one morning. A gang of us and the zombie night staff. Strange shopping experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Night staff are funny

You go in, and they are on the edge of their seats in case ya need something, and if ya do need something about 10 of em run at ya* lol, They must be that bored ha ha!!!!!!!

Ammm......... no but i have storys about being drunk in tesco at 5 to 12 looking for more beer so we dont run out.. security guard watching me like a hawk :D

*May have over exaggerated a lil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Being completely incapable of operating a plastic bag at 7 in the morning. Admittedly I may not have been hungover yet by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just before Christmas my mam was going up to Superquinn to do her Crimbo shopping at 2am. I stroll home and she drags me with her.

So she get me to push the trolley and I hit into everything in the place, it was funny at the time I tell you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

After a long night at some friend of a friends wedding somewhere in kildare, myself a group of mates made a break for civilisation in the first (and only) minibus to be found in the town we had woken up in. unfortunately funds were low so we had to settle for maynooth.

upon hopping out of the mid-60's minibus (which was more like one of those american school buses that charlie brown used to get to school) must of use realised that we were now kacketless, but were still sporting rather spiffy shirt-and-slacks combo's. it was soon decided by all and sundry that a large carvery and a field of pints was the order of the day in order to try and piece together fragments of drunken bliss from the night before.

What we discovered during this carvery was that slacks are really great leg attire for enjoying a good carvery. they have a bit more give in them than your jeans but allow you to keep that air of class that alludes you when bedecked in the creme de la creme of comfort-wear, the cotton tracksuit bottoms.

From that moment on we no longer referred to slacks, or trousers if you will, by their usual names, but by the infinitely more apt moniker of "carvery pants". I do love the odd occasion when i get to break out a pair of carvery pants, if only to remember what a carvery experience should really be like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

FunkZ wrote: »
    Earlier today, after a mad night out, me and my mate went into the shop on the way home. He said something that cracked me up, twas his attitude that made it funny.

*We walk into the shop*
    "Yeah alright cool"

And just as an old woman walks by he raises his voice and shouts "MAN I WOULD RAPE A TUB OF VANILLA CARAMEL FUDGE RIGHT NOW"

The voice, the look on his face, and the people around, pure class. Never laughed so hard!

Eh, sounds exactly like a Tommy Tiernan joke regarding his hungover friend, Declan Moffit, shouting, 'Did you ever raaaaaaaaaape someone?'

Ah. Good ol' Tommy T. :D

/exits

*We walk into the shop*
    "Yeah alright cool"

haha nice, had a wjhole day of this mate. Went out with the lads all of us as hungover as Paul McGrath after a bucket of toilet duck. messed the whole day. did in all honesty about 12 plu pint bottles of Bulmers. just had a greatr day with loads of awkward moment around some ol lads in a bar. we were talking about recent dirty activities with somwe girles and letys just say lawrence(95) didn't digest his lunch. IIm up at 6 in about 5 hours for gym then the work. ****ing great day and if I feel like balls tomorrow who cares.
    love you all!!

cant stop singing galway girl:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

personally i always hated those 2nd and 3rd dates or whatever and the girl your interested in is staying with you for the first time (at their place makes it worse) and your suffering from those awful morning after watery squirts in the jacks..

loud and unpleasant situation that is never easy to explain, always made worse when ofcourse they are burstin for the loo after you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Big Chief wrote: »
    personally i always hated those 2nd and 3rd dates or whatever and the girl your interested in is staying with you for the first time (at their place makes it worse) and your suffering from those awful morning after watery squirts in the jacks..

loud and unpleasant situation that is never easy to explain, always made worse when ofcourse they are burstin for the loo after you

+1

Worse again when there's no extractor fan or AirWick, and the only window in the room is no bigger than a letter-box!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

*We walk into the shop*
    "Yeah alright cool"

Good story!

But it raises a very important question for me - Can you still buy vanilla caramel fudge???

Because it's by far my favourite flavour but I haven't come across it in over a year!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement