Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radionics.ie

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Can someone who knows what they are looking for pm me links to these products?

Cheap low current connector for trigger wires to a mosfet, similar to the ones in a dboys m4 foregrip I suppose.

Deans connectors or similar for higher current.

I honestly cannot find a thing on the website, I haven't a clue what most of these things are called or what category they would be in.

If you have ordered aeg bits from them before please help me find what I am looking for as I myself dont really know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i got a number of mosfets as cost from a guy over at arnies does international shipping very good will dig up the link for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have mosfets though, its all the connectors I need, I soldered everything!
    So no gearbox work till I can get re-usable connectors as the whole thing is wired into the top cover, into the stock and into the receiver, tieing the whole thing together permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

had a look through the connectors section, they have so much its hard to find em, i sure didnt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

sorry completely miss read your post :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sure you'd be better off having them soldered, there less likely to give ya problems in the future.,:)

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    sure you'd be better off having them soldered, there less likely to give ya problems in the future.,:)

I cant disassemble the bloody thing though now :D

The connectors are a must as the mosfet is in the stock, and ties the whole thing permanently together so I cant get at the gearbox without de-soldering it or having connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

radionics.ie dont do deans connectors, i've looked for them before. you can get batches of them on ebay for fairly cheap.

the small blade connectors you want they might have though, ill have a look now

Edit: cant see them, but you might get them in a motor factors 3mm blade connectors i think would do

kdouglas wrote: »
    radionics.ie dont do deans connectors, i've looked for them before. you can get batches of them on ebay for fairly cheap.

the small blade connectors you want they might have though, ill have a look now

Thank you :)

Something then that would be of a lower resistance than tamiyas but of a similar size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

halfords and maplins do bullet connectors, they'd be perfect for what you need.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

heres a question to make ya cry, whats a mosfet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

A MOSFET is an electronic switch. Basically a MOSFET is a semiconductor with a very low internal resistance when saturated. Since it's solid state, it can handle quite high currents (depending on the model, typical airsoft suitable models handle up to about 50A) which the trigger contacts would not be able to take. This makes it perfect for people using higher power batteries (10.8V+).

Unless someone wants to know exactly how it works, I'll leave the technical details for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

http://www.andersonpower.com/products/ do 10a to 750a + connectors , maybe available closer to home ?

Motosam wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Something then that would be of a lower resistance than tamiyas but of a similar size.

Actually, you could use Deans for the power and use mini deans for the mosfet/trigger wires: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-pair-mini-T-Deans-type-micro-Connectors-24K-GP-NEW_W0QQitemZ170216436250QQihZ007QQcategoryZ34056QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

Havent tried them myself, but apparently they are quite small

The trigger wires really just need the most basic of connector, the scuttiest one possible, similar to the size of the wire.

I'll look more myself but I get lost :D

What section should I be browsing?

on radionics? Id just browse through the electrical/electronic connectors section, i'd probably go with the bullet connectors from halfords or the micro deans connectors myself

But then it goes on about crimped this that and the other, bloody exhausting for an electronics noob like myself.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the bullet connectors.

Edit:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=32718&doy=6m5
    Ok so what size would suit the thin wire I got with my extreme fire mosfet?

Advertisement