Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IATI - TAX Schedule D. Case 1

Options
  • 05-05-2008 12:41pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi wonder can any tell me when repairs are allowed. I have a question where reparis to timber flooring is allowed but repairs to windows are not.

my ta lecture didnt know why some were allowed and some werent.

Smashey, if you think this is might be better accountancy, please feel feel to more it

thanks

IB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irishbird wrote: »
    Hi wonder can any tell me when repairs are allowed. I have a question where reparis to timber flooring is allowed but repairs to windows are not.

my ta lecture didnt know why some were allowed and some werent.

Smashey, if you think this is might be better accountancy, please feel feel to more it

thanks

IB
    Hi IB, i think you'll get a better response over there.:)

Moved to accountancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Schedule D case 1 is trading income.

I think you mean case V which is rental income and the deductions that are allowed.

capital expenditure is allowable against case 1 income.

repairs are an allowable deduction against rental income. (pre-letting expenses are generally not allowed though)

The difference between capital expenditure and fixtures and fittings- a good rule of thumb is if the benefit is "permanent" it is capital. Floors are permanent fittings- windows are not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks, that is great

you are a star :D

Advertisement