Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart "Adult 7 Day Rolling Rail" question

Options
  • 05-05-2008 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I was looking at http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/dart/your_ticket/cash_fares.asp and was just wondering if it's possible to buy a 7 day/weekly dart ticket from Clontarf Road to Dun Laoghaire at any station? Like can I get it in Clontarf station...?

Also, if I bought this ticket on say a Tuesday, will it last me for 7 days or is it a Monday to Sunday type of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

The tickets are valid for 7 days from the date of first use so you can purchase it on the day when needed. For it you will probably need to buy it at either station as it isn't a catch all ticket that can be sold anywhere compared to short hops tickets. In fairness though, I'd not imagine you being in Malahide or Clonsilla trying to buy it for stations miles away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

In the past I have bought tickets at other stations. I have been using 7 day tickets from Blackrock to Connolly, and bought these in Sydney Parade, and while using this, I've bought a ticket for Blackrock to Dun Laoghaire in Lansdowne Road.

The only thing is that if you're buying the ticket departing from somewhere else, you have to go to the ticket desk to get the ticket, rather than use the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The staff may not know the station numbers - see here http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/fares_matrix.php

Dun Laoghaire (131)
    Clontarf Road (109)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _chloe_

Thanks for all the replies and info. Got my ticket today in the machine at Clontarf Rd. It's a shame the machines don't accept AIB's Maestro though, lucky I had cash with me. Anyway, thanks again for the help :)

Advertisement