Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low-level leveling

Options
  • 04-05-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I made a Troll preist a few days back, and am now level 13. This char is quite keen on the herbalism, currently around 95. So far I haven't left Durotar, but I've realised that I'm soon gonna have to go to the Barrens at least since Durotar has a scarcity of Mageroyals and upwards. But what level should I go at? I'm reckoning around 15, but wasn't too sure. And how should I get to that necessary level to survive in the Barrens? Is grinding on Scorpids and Boars the way to go? At the moment I'm just killing mobs that get in my way when I'm herb hunting. Any help is much appreciated.

Peace out and rock on,
    Tyrannis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Questing should lead you to the next suitable aera, like talk to Johnny Johnson down at Mumblesville....
    alot of people ignore their trades until they hit 70 and then use the awesome power of the AH to buy the mats they need.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

as a level 360 herbalist I would say just grind your quests as usual and the game will introduce you to new herbs as you are able to pick and use them. By keeping a diligent eye out while running between A and B you will generally max things out nicely.

As Cohen said above, another possible route is to simply grind your char up to the silly high levels and then just buy the mats from the AH. I didn't do that with my Enchanter and regretted it dearly!

Herbalism has the added benefit of actually being somewhat useful while you level so you might consider that too. Never hurts to have a few potions down your throat before a big fight, and it makes you everyones favourite guildie :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

You can hit the barrens at level 10. Someone at Razor Hill should tell you to talk to someone on the aedge on BArrens/Durotar. From there, you will be sent to the XRs. You will quest around the Craossroads for a bit before moving on to other places in the barrens.

Just stay on the roads and you should be ok getting to the XRs.

You should be well and truly out of Durotar at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DeVore wrote: »
    as a level 360 herbalist I would say just grind your quests as usual and the game will introduce you to new herbs as you are able to pick and use them. By keeping a diligent eye out while running between A and B you will generally max things out nicely.

As Cohen said above, another possible route is to simply grind your char up to the silly high levels and then just buy the mats from the AH. I didn't do that with my Enchanter and regretted it dearly!

Herbalism has the added benefit of actually being somewhat useful while you level so you might consider that too. Never hurts to have a few potions down your throat before a big fight, and it makes you everyones favourite guildie :)

DeV.
    Agreed, herbalism is actually fairly easy to level, so you don't really need to grind it, just stay in the appropriate areas for your level.

Combine it with skinning and you'll make a fortune by 70 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

As a slight aside. My mage is an enchanter, currently level 35. He is maxed out on enchanting at 300 and cannot get any further until level 5X...

If you actually ever figure you will want an enchanter alt, then instead of selling all your greens, DE them and keep the mats. Saves a LOT of gold. I will have most of the mats to get him to 375 when he reaches the appropriate level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

enchanting is a huge money sink to level...I found the best way was to ignore it till level 70...at which point I could solo most of the pre tbc instances without too much risk (hell...I could solo places like scholo as levle 60 - not fully but enough to get some greens). thus providing me with greens and blues galore to disenchant...

Nic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nicryan wrote: »
    enchanting is a huge money sink to level...I found the best way was to ignore it till level 70...at which point I could solo most of the pre tbc instances without too much risk (hell...I could solo places like scholo as levle 60 - not fully but enough to get some greens). thus providing me with greens and blues galore to disenchant...

Nic

I wish i thought of that,ive sank about 500 into my lvl 31 priest who is an enchanter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i'm lvl 93 enchanter, 37 lock...i haven't spent much G tbh...i've just DC'd all my loot and re enchanted everything...surely when u get to a decent lvl, you can make your gold bak plus some with the amount of requests for enchants by people in sw or shattrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Einstein wrote: »
    i'm lvl 93 enchanter, 37 lock...i haven't spent much G tbh...i've just DC'd all my loot and re enchanted everything...surely when u get to a decent lvl, you can make your gold bak plus some with the amount of requests for enchants by people in sw or shattrath?
    Yep, but if you level with a second gathering profession instead of enchanting, the money you make selling the mats will be far more than the money needed to level enchanting from 1-375.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I don't play anymore so I'll let my little secret out.

The best thing about enchanting is that it allows you to make risk-free profit from the AH. Selling enchants to people is just a bonus.
    The highest level green armour will disenchant into three arcane dust on average, (or, less commonly 1.5 planar essences on average). Calculate what kind of money that would get you on your server, then bid on any greens cheaper than that number. Any shards you get through disenchanting are just gravy.

I funded all my raiding that way. I wasn't rich, but I never had to bother with grinding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement