Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists in Carlow

Options
  • 04-05-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi i have moved down to Tullow in the last year and was wondering if there were any good dentists in the area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dudes!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

jake59 wrote: »
    Hi i have moved down to Tullow in the last year and was wondering if there were any good dentists in the area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dudes!!:D

my dentist is ronan feeney on the old dublin road, ive no complaints with his service at all, i find him very good and always able to squeeze ya in, if theres an emergency too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

there used to be one in tullow but I don't know if they moved to the new health center or not... you could always ring or pop in and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Ann O'Brien is mine in Carlow. opposite the Dublin Street Superquinn carpark entrance. Very good and really nice and friendly and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

There is B D Murphy Staplestown Road, on mini-roundabout,, very nice.. would recommend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Don1 wrote: »
    opposite the Dublin Street Superquinn

?? eh? There's a superquinn car park on dublin street?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

thanks all for the recommendations... hopefully I'll be pain free soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Don1 wrote: »
    Ann O'Brien is mine in Carlow. opposite the Dublin Street Superquinn carpark entrance. Very good and really nice and friendly and all that jazz.

Ann O' Brien is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i concur with anna o' brien , there is a nice one, on the roundabout in carlow, beside billy bunters, polish, she lovely, does a quick and painless job

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clairesheara

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a root canal and crown.

What is the story with prviate health insurance. does it cover dentail, and is there a set waiting period ie 6 or 12 months.

does anyone know a good dentist who can do a root canal and crown?

Just been told today it is just about inevitable I will need it (one day before flying out!!!! and after years of being told I have perfect teeth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

couldnt see why private health insurance wouldnt....got both my ingrown toenail, and a oscilloscope on private health insurance, just have to get the next appointment.
    i was waiting 4 weeks for my scope, and 2 weeks for my toe, but i think the best thing is to ring up an insurance company and ask, i think there is a grace 2months before you can use the insurance.
    golden page a dentist, give them a shout and see what they charge, best thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a root canal and crown.

What is the story with prviate health insurance. does it cover dentail, and is there a set waiting period ie 6 or 12 months.

does anyone know a good dentist who can do a root canal and crown?

Just been told today it is just about inevitable I will need it (one day before flying out!!!! and after years of being told I have perfect teeth :(

i know my dentist accepts, health insurance ive never had a root canal done, but according to sum1 in the waiting room one day, he was good at that, for fillings etc ive always found him good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Ronan is excellent actually. I got a good bit of work done with him last year. I _think_ around 10 fillings + cleaning + an extraction. Total around 400 euro IIRC.

He's on 4 Leinster Cresc Old Dublin rd Co. Carlow which is the house on the end of the block heading north bound from town past St Leo's secondary school.

He's the official company dentist in Blacknight :-), nearly everyone has been in for cleaning, fillings etc. Even a couple of route canals.

Paul

Advertisement