Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Bikes?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone any expierence with Canyon Bikes? I cant find any reviews on this brand of bike. I was looking at the Canyon Yellowstone 4.0 or what bike would you recommend for a budget of around €700? https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/index.html?b=120

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Not ridden one, but *nearly* bought one of their road bikes a couple weeks back (only reason I didn't was I needed a bike asap, and it would have taken 4 weeks) -they seem really good for the price though

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

hi i bought a grand canyon 6.0 a month or two back and i have to say its really good value for money. I wouldnt go near the yellowstone if i were you because for an extra 200 or so you get a much much better bike. to be honest i regret not spending an extra 300 myself and getting the 8.0. i found it hard to get articles about the bikes in english but bike magazine has done a few reviews of them in german. They are a very good bike and good value for money. i would recommend it. its light,very fast, sturdy, very good components for the money and the forks alone are worth about 400 and work perfectly.it also has some very nice finishing touches.The only thing i would change is the saddle.by the way the canyon team finished 11 out of around 200 in the world champs today so they cant be that bad although some praise has to go to the ryder i suppose.anyway if i were you buy a canyon or cube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Super Q

Cheers for the reply lads.ye i think i might stretch the extra few quid for the grand canyon 6.0, so just means staying in one saturday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

avalanche wrote: »
    hi i bought a grand canyon 6.0 a month or two back and i have to say its really good value for money. I wouldnt go near the yellowstone if i were you because for an extra 200 or so you get a much much better bike. to be honest i regret not spending an extra 300 myself and getting the 8.0. i found it hard to get articles about the bikes in english but bike magazine has done a few reviews of them in german. They are a very good bike and good value for money. i would recommend it. its light,very fast, sturdy, very good components for the money and the forks alone are worth about 400 and work perfectly.it also has some very nice finishing touches.The only thing i would change is the saddle.by the way the canyon team finished 11 out of around 200 in the world champs today so they cant be that bad although some praise has to go to the ryder i suppose.anyway if i were you buy a canyon or cube

I'm looking at the canyon bikes, how long did the delivery take?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Once its actually shipped it only took around 4 working days for mine..
    . They are pretty good for estimating dispatch/delivery dates if you email them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

Hopefully that will be the case then. It's not in stock at the moment (the Roadlite 5.0) so I'd say that there will be a fair bit of lead time. Nothing worse than buying something and having to wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lilphich wrote: »
    Hopefully that will be the case then. It's not in stock at the moment (the Roadlite 5.0) so I'd say that there will be a fair bit of lead time. Nothing worse than buying something and having to wait for it.

That's why I ended up with the Focus! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

I got a road bike from there outlet, took over a week to deliver, deadly bike, got the ultimate carbon fiber 2007 model. I can'nt get over how light the bike is compared to my 2 ton sirrus(feels like that when compared). I was just reading the other thread about fear of cleats, I put them on the bike last week and had 3 falls so far, hopefully no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

BeOne seem to have good components for decent prices
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14968

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Lilphich wrote: »

Check out their outlet if your looking for a roadlite...some savage deals in there...

http://www.canyon.com/_en/outlet/list.html?type=race

• Advertisement
Advertisement