Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rich Hall/other American comedians- opinions

Options
  • 04-05-2008 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

What do ye guys think of Rich Hall.
    I think he's a very funny guy, arguably not so funny nowadays as in the past what with his subsumption into the mainstream.
    He seems very natural and his "incredulous crank" shtick is quite good.
    Opinions?
    BTW what other contemporary American comedians are good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Rich Hall is enjoyable I love to see him on QI. Brings great things to that show.

I quite enjoy Stephen Lynch more of a singing Comedian than contemporary.

<snip> Voldemort Gig - Hagar<snip>

his stuff here.Some very offensice stuff here.
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=stephen+Lynch&search_type=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Saw rich hall at the cats laugh a few years ago and he was very funny. He really went with a set on his feet and played of the audience well. He said that coming down in the car he saw a sign that said "55 people killed on the roads in kildare in the past 4 years" "the 55 had been crossed out and was replaced with 51" "did 4 people come back to life or what"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rich Hall's Tom Cruise bit is absolutely fantastic...

Live at the Apollo (About three minutes in)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

Rich Hall is a legend.

I pissed myself when he was on the Late Late a few years back. If I recall the audience didnt really react to him. Pat Kenny as expected was on hand with his forced laughter. There was one point where RH said something like "Theres a fine line between a comedy show and a hostage situation". I dont remember the context but I nearly choked from laughing so much.

Jim Gaffigan is one of my favourite American comedians. The guys hilarious. Also Lewis Black is great. He does this really bitter political comedy which is uproarious.

I recommend you check out their clips on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Patrice O'Neill is hilarious too but have to say Hall is one of my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ed D.

I haven't seen Rich Hall in many years, but back in the day (20 yr. ago?) he had a habit that annoyed me so much I couldn't get into what he was saying. He used to make a chewing sound like someone cracking gum when he paused. It was incessant and very distracting, this loud wet verbal punctuation. I hope it's gone. If so, I can give him another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rich hall is a great comedian who has been turning out stellar performances for years.
    I'm also a big fan of his Canuck pal Mike Wilmot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Yeah, love that.
    It's the delivery- the pauses.
    So true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I LOVE that bit "he has a crisis of consonants" :D:D
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Rich hall is a great comedian who has been turning out stellar performances for years.
    I'm also a big fan of his Canuck pal Mike Wilmot.

Have you seen his fishing show with the two of them? I only caught the first episode but it was pretty funny

Advertisement