Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conspiracy against the isish working class

Options
  • 03-05-2008 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

im a hard working 35 year old thats never even got a parking ticket ,ive worked hard in various jobs ,but i find myself on the scrapheap ,ive got a wife and 3 kids and cant seem to get a job ,dont get me wrong im not fussy, id take any type of employment, let me explain ,ive tried getting jobs for 8 mths in my sector ie jobs i can have a internall enjoyment from, you know the feeling when you come home put the feet up and go aaahhhh that was a good day.NO JOY so lower the expectations rather than go on the dole i decided to take what ever, so i seen a job in my local lidil,s sayin VACANCYS nice one i said,up i went handed in my cv ,called back for an inteview which went very well,got a letter a week later to say sorry i was unsuccesfull in my application,mmm confidence breaker i tell ye, let me tell ye thats not my first.any how the point im making is are the irish goverment putting the influx of people from over seas needs before the hard working IRISH public.please dont misconcept this post as a racist rant,im not. all i want to do is give my family a start. hell pay the bills and put food on the table.gods sake its like the 80,s all over again and i worked tru them.ive never been more then 3 weeks out of work before this stint.im 18 mths unemployed now. what is your thoughts on this.please dont be funny and say somthing stupid.
    thanx almanu.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I sympathise with your situation - honestly, I do. I can't begin to imagine how tough that must be... But how is that in any way a conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does the fact that I have several friends who are Irish and working in Lidil mean that I'm part of this conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Must be difficult for an Irish person looking for a job while so many east europeans have jobs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

humanji wrote: »
    Does the fact that I have several friends who are Irish and working in Lidil mean that I'm part of this conspiracy?
    as i said id apreciate it if there were no smart funny comments, its obvious you havnt got a problem getting work ,maybe when you do and you will ,you might so a bit more empathy ,almanu

i feel its a conspiracy to the working class, lets be honest who really cares about us not the govenment thats for sure, irish tiger more like irish kitten ,i didnt see any of it thats for sure, people that ive worked with all my life are out of work, like myself these are skilled men and woman , what do i have to do leave my own country to get a job because we let to much cheap labour in to the country, how am i suppose to get a job when someone will do it for a fiver an hour.conspiracy yes i think so. brussells loves ireland why because weve taken in every vagabond ,criminall , and drug dealer from eastern europe, dont get me wrong theres a high percentage of hard working decent people aswell, so when your out of a job and cant get a new one no matter how hard you try let me know how you feel.every thing will go tru your mind conspiracys are just one of them. thanx for your comment.

• Advertisement

It's not a smart answer, it's a fact. You didn't get a job and are claiming conspiracy. Were you qualified for the role? Were you more qualified than the other applicants? How many people applied for the job? Where were these other applicants living (living close to the area they were to work in would be a bonus and might give their application preference over someone who lives outside the area)? How old were the other applicants (it may be a case of agism than racism)? How did the interview go (you may think it went well, but maybe the interviewers didn't like the way you handled yourself)? Did the other appllicants have families, also (Lidil employees can work dodgy hours, so they may decide that they don't want a family man working those hours)?

There are many reasons that someone doesn't get a job. Assuming "The Man" is trying to keep you down isn't the first thing that would spring to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was going to question whether this had something to do with Egyptian mythology :).

On a serious note, you're 35, that means you should have something very valuable - Experience. What have you learnt in the various jobs that you've had and how can you bring that up in an interview to make the employer see you as the most suitable candidate for a job? How does your CV promote yourself? How do you make yourself more employable than someone from Eastern Europe or Asia?

It's a cliché but when you're out of work, your daily job should be finding work! Don't sit around the house feeling sorry for yourself!

malice_ wrote: »
    I was going to question whether this had something to do with Egyptian mythology :).

On a serious note, you're 35, that means you should have something very valuable - Experience. What have you learnt in the various jobs that you've had and how can you bring that up in an interview to make the employer see you as the most suitable candidate for a job? How does your CV promote yourself? How do you make yourself more employable than someone from Eastern Europe or Asia?

It's a cliché but when you're out of work, your daily job should be finding work! Don't sit around the house feeling sorry for yourself!
    i dont feel sorry for myself far from it ,i go to my local fas EVERY single morning constantly on the internet looking for jobs ,there isnt any full stop, at least none for me ,ive vast experiance in the construction ,motor and horticulcural trade all these sectors hve no vacancey none ,im not sure of percentage but employment in thes areas is mostly takin up by people from abroad, as for my cv it promotes me fine it has everything i need, as for your comments about sitting around the house all day anybody with 3 kids will tell you thats not an option.i also have attended 137 interviews in the last 18mths,your thinking god what do you look like ,well just a normal guy thats speaks respectable this is as baffeling to me as it is to you,thanks for your comment.please dont think im a racist im not i feel uncomfortable enough posting this issue as i know thats what people are going to do jump on the racist band wagon,as i stated in my thread THIS is not a racist rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

almanu wrote: »
    i dont feel sorry for myself far from it ,i go to my local fas EVERY single morning constantly on the internet looking for jobs ,there isnt any full stop
    That is good to hear. I am glad that you are doing that.
    almanu wrote:
    ive vast experiance in the construction ,motor and horticulcural trade all these sectors hve no vacancey none ,im not sure of percentage but employment in thes areas is mostly takin up by people from abroad
    Okay then, with your vast experience have you ever thought about starting your own business? I'm not sure exactly what you mean about horticultural, but if it's lawn and hedge trimming and stuff like that, wouldn't this be a good time of year to do something like that?
    almanu wrote:
    as for my cv it promotes me fine it has everything i need
    , as for your comments about sitting around the house all day anybody with 3 kids will tell you thats not an option.i also have attended 137 interviews in the last 18mths
    If your CV is fine maybe it's something in the way you present yourself at interviews? I've been on both sides of the hiring process and just like real life, first impressions really count. If a candidate presents themselves unshaven, smelly, mumbling and unable to look you in the eye then the interviewer is not going to think highly of them based on that first impression not matter how impeccable their CV may be.
    almanu wrote:
    please dont think im a racist im not i feel uncomfortable enough posting this issue as i know thats what people are going to do jump on the racist band wagon,as i stated in my thread THIS is not a racist rant.
    You haven't posted anything racist. I'm sure it is a frustrating situation for you but the best person to change your situation is you.

I would also also you to think about another question from my last post:
    How do you make yourself more employable than someone from Eastern Europe or Asia?
    You have (I assume) fluent English so there's a start, what other qualifications do you have? Even mentioning in an interview that you have started studying for a certain course makes you come across as someone who is interested in improving themselves.

Just one final question, why do you think this is a conspiracy theory? Would your original post not have been better off here?

malice_ wrote: »
    That is good to hear. I am glad that you are doing that.

Okay then, with your vast experience have you ever thought about starting your own business? I'm not sure exactly what you mean about horticultural, but if it's lawn and hedge trimming and stuff like that, wouldn't this be a good time of year to do something like that?

If your CV is fine maybe it's something in the way you present yourself at interviews? I've been on both sides of the hiring process and just like real life, first impressions really count. If a candidate presents themselves unshaven, smelly, mumbling and unable to look you in the eye then the interviewer is not going to think highly of them based on that first impression not matter how impeccable their CV may be.

You haven't posted anything racist. I'm sure it is a frustrating situation for you but the best person to change your situation is you.

I would also also you to think about another question from my last post:
    You have (I assume) fluent English so there's a start, what other qualifications do you have? Even mentioning in an interview that you have started studying for a certain course makes you come across as someone who is interested in improving themselves.

Just one final question, why do you think this is a conspiracy theory? Would your original post not have been better off here?
    listen mate i feel you have me pictured as a ill educated moron ,that drags his knuckles walking into interviews ,beleive me im a fairly good looking guy, very confident but not overly so ,i speak perfect english, i prove my self more employable than our freinds from over seas buy understanding whats been said to me and me to the public. as for starting a buisness myself its a fantastic idea and have tought long and hard about it unfortunatly i need 15 grand min to just get my feet off the ground and thats just the bare bones of a starter biz, i under stand this is as frustrating for you communicating with me as it is for me trying to get you to under stand that ive gone down every road possible, and since ive just been signing on the dole a few mths as i had savings from when i was working starting my own biz is not possible at the minute.beleive me when i say signing on was the bottom line for me , never done it in my life and i hate it scabbing off the state. none of my family has had to do it , so i feel horrible about the situation im in. this is a real situation i find myself in ,my next stop is a fas course even if theres no employment at the end of it , i wont feel such a leech. thanks again for your comments again i apreciate any views on the subject positive or negitive
    god bless almanu

• Advertisement

p.s sorry its just when your out of work as long as i have and your doing all thats possible to gain ANY type of job and you keep getting knocked back it feels like a conspiracy. sorry if you feel it souldnt be here maybe i was wrong to post here ,

holy sht just got a phone call today a bank holiday to say ive to start work in the morning , construction, im over the moon , looks like this post brought me some luck, you didnt interview me by any chance...............lol, he was a pretty sound guy when he asked why i was unemployed so long i told him my reasons and theorys on the subject and he couldnt have agreed more, so a right result thanx again for all your toughts almanu,,,,,,,,

See? It's no conspiracy, just bad luck, followed by great luck. Congratulations! Hope everything works out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

im a hard working 35 year old ........gods sake its like the 80,s all over again and i worked tru them.

Now there's a conspiracy there, how come I, roughly being the same age as you, managed to escape all those forced child labour camps back then ? I must be one of the chosen ones.

Jip wrote: »
    Now there's a conspiracy there, how come I, roughly being the same age as you, managed to escape all those forced child labour camps back then ? I must be one of the chosen ones.
    lol it wasnt that bad working 6 days a week for 60 quid bus fares and stuff cost about 15 quid so after working 6 days a week you got 45 quid for your self then i had to give the mam 30 so i was left with 15 quid for a weeks work ,it sounds crazy now but i was ok with it, i guess its a feeling of being 13 or 14 and bring home the bacon, i cant get my sons to cut the grass for any less than a tenner and if i go on about the olden days i stop myself and go your getting old, it only seems like yesterday i was dancing in the multi media centre on the quays with out a care in the world, so i dont moan at them im just thankfull they dont have to put up with the sht i had to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just be thankful that we no longer have to catch and skin our own dinner and then have to fashion crude underpants from tne pelt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

any how the point im making is are the irish goverment putting the influx of people from over seas needs before the hard working IRISH public.

explain how. I mean, what laws or policies are in place that achieve this?
    Being honest with you man, I think it's your lack of education that means it's hard for you to find a job. No offense, you strike me as a decent hardworking bloke, but this problem isn't anything to do with immigrants or the government, it's your lack of skills. Unfortunately.

Advertisement