Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wireless modem 2247NWG Question.

Options
  • 03-05-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have the above set up with Wireless enabled and it works fine thru wireless to my laptop.
    I have my desktop hardwired via network cable to one on the modems ports but the speed is non existant. It is so slow its as worse than dial up.
    My question is if Wireless is enabled does that mean that hardwire via network or USB is disabled.
    Can one have hardwire to one computer and Wireless to the laptop. ???
    I would have thought this would be the cast but now I wonder as it barely works via hardwire route.
    Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.. ????

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Easy test of this is to turn the laptop off. Very unlikely scenario btw, it's usually too many wireless connections that kill router speed: you don't have someone leaching your connection by any chance?

Other option is to check your patch lead. May be faulty.

Advertisement