Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPA Formation 2 Exams

Options
  • 03-05-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

How did people feel the exams went:

For me it was like this:

I.T: Easily passed this, makes me wonder why it remains on the course. The Lecturer in Griffith College got everything spot on, her mock exam was a carbon copy of the actual exam.

Fin.Accounting: Found it a tough paper, not my strongest subject anyway. Q1 part a Re: Convergence of IAS's wasn't anywhere to be found in the syllabus?? I took a risk not learning the Branch Accounts as our lecturer basically told us it never comes up. My heart dropped when i opened the paper. Looking dodgy if I passed it or not. My saving grace could be that I did a very good Q1 computation and learned the IAS's pretty well.

Taxation: I did this in IATI so I lulled myself into a false sense of security. Mixed myself up on a few things and made the exam harder than it should have been. One of the questions was divided up into about 7/8 small value questions, made a mess of that!! I hope I passed it.

Man. Accounting: I could be repeating this, if not I have the Cash Budget to thank. I must have done 20 Process questions at home but in the exam I went totally blank....made a mess of it. I marked my paper pretty harshly myself and got about 46%, hopefully the examiner marks it a bit easier.

Overall the exams were a eye opener to me that I need to knuckle down and keep on top of my studies...

Advertisement