Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pics of EIDW (with UTX)

Options
  • 03-05-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Found the board and thought i would share some pics of FSX on my new rig with the excellent Ultimate Terrain X: Europe running. Its highly recommended as its performance hit is minimal for the benefit.

Addons
    UTX Europe
    World Of AI (all packages converted to FSX format, 60% slider)
    Europe 78m mesh
    Most settings maxed

Picture 8 is the beforehand picture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Damn thats nice! is it available for FS9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

It should be noted that i have delete the defaul.xml file in the autogen folder and used a cut down version of AutogenDescriptions.spb file as Dublin looked like a high rise jungle with normal autogen settings.

Versions if UT and UTX here http://www.scenerysolutions.com/

To be honest I have not paid for a single bit of my flight-sim software. A bad boy I know but **** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Dotsie~tmp, may I ask what specs your machine is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Got me UT today for FS9.....tis savage!

Yeah i have the following.

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked from 3 to 4GHz on air. (good performance boost for FSX and easy to do)
    -Nvidia 9800GTX (overclocked again easily)
    -3.25GB OCZ RAM PC6400 (4 actually but im runing 32bit OS)
    -ThermalTake MaxOrb cooler
    -Asus P5K mainboard

Surprisingly good performance for what is essentially a budget upgrade. €780 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That explains the screenshots. Smart over clocking. What motherboard are you using, with what cooling. Serious performance for the money. I don't have the space for that, so hence the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Arrgh I hate you! Lovely photos man, what kind of fps are you getting?

BostonB wrote: »
    What motherboard are you using, with what cooling. Serious performance for the money.

Yep the performance per euro of the Intel E8400 chip is impressive especially with the overclock. I can't afford to blow €2000 (plus maybe even?) on a quad-core SLI machine like some. Still I'm very pleased with the performance this upgrade gave me.

FPS is pegged at 25 and it stays there unless I fly low into somewhere like London Heathrow when it goes to 17 or so and is still flyable. I have "AISmooth" controlling around 80 aircraft in these locations so im guessing FSX is handling like 130 (guess) in total around very large airports. I could turn the AI down a bit, autogen/complexity off max, traffic low but it look too damn good and as I say its still flyable.

The motherboard is Asus P5K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

These are not my screenshots (this is becoming a habit!:)), but i think you'll agree..... NICE.

ksan2008may6004in5.jpg

ksan2008may6005aj1.jpg

ksan2008may6006lu4.jpg

ksan2008may6017jy2.jpg

91271035je1.jpg

2.jpg

14llloo.jpg

Advertisement