Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking The GR20(Corsica)

Options
  • 02-05-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi would anybody have some tips about this walk? What we should expect etc? Thanks

Comments

hi

a guy I know did this a couple of years ago...

he said it was very tough, I'm not sure what time of the summer he went, but many of the refugees hadn't started serving food, which meant he had to carry his own, he also mentioned that the locals weren't very friendly.

cicerone do a guidebook on it, www.cicerone.co.uk

If you have any specific questions, I can contact my pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I think the refuges serve food when i'm going(Mid July) but apparently its first come first served!
    Thanks for that I hope we survive!

BTW, have you considered the tempersture in Corsica in July????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Was in Corsica back in 1997 and did some of the walks there. Temperature was not a problem once you get into the hills and Corsica certainly has very impressive hills. They are high enough to justify a ski resort in the winter. Watch out for the foreign legion military camp that was near one of the trails (circa 1997) - had heard those guys can be very dodgy if they decide to "include" you as part of their military exercises. I never had any problems though and it might have been just the locals winding us up.

Advertisement