Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some wildlife in Malawi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

great stuff flukey id love to have a holiday like that.might make a booking to africa next year.I say those baboons are the hotel security lol:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Good stuff. How long were you there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I was there doing some charity work, for two weeks. Davey, if you fancy getting away from all the pressures of modern life, and want some sun for about two weeks, forget the likes of Spain and go to the third world. You won't regret it. Check out some of the other Malawi videos from me and you will see some other aspects of what is nevertheless a great country. It is poor and has problems but it could certainly do with a lot more tourists, and unlike a lot of African countries, it is safe, has no wars, no civil strife, has a democratic government, all making it not a bad place to go. It is known as "The Warm Heart of Africa." There is that wildlife too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Flukey wrote: »
    I was there doing some charity work, for two weeks. Davey, if you fancy getting away from all the pressures of modern life, and want some sun for about two weeks, forget the likes of Spain and go to the third world. You won't regret it. Check out some of the other Malawi videos from me and you will see some other aspects of what is nevertheless a great country. It is poor and has problems but it could certainly do with a lot more tourists, and unlike a lot of African countries, it is safe, has no wars, no civil strife, has a democratic government, all making it not a bad place to go. It is known as "The Warm Heart of Africa." There is that wildlife too.
    charity work nice.how de ye know about me in spain flukey?LOve spain as i go twice a year,going to Fingurola in 5 weeks time and love the the stuff there and the Selwo is fantastic but dear!Id love to see these wildlife up close without the cages etc.How do i go about the charity work Flukey?

• Advertisement

I didn't know about you and Spain. :) A lot of Irish do holiday in Spain though, so it is a good example. In terms of your question, there are loads of Irish charities working in Africa. A little research and you can find one. Even so, you could just go on a regular holiday to an African country and see the wildlife there. As my video in Liwonde National Park shows, there is nothing like seeing it all up close.

Flukey wrote: »
    I didn't know about you and Spain. :) A lot of Irish do holiday in Spain though, so it is a good example. In terms of your question, there are loads of Irish charities working in Africa. A little research and you can find one. Even so, you could just go on a regular holiday to an African country and see the wildlife there. As my video in Liwonde National Park shows, there is nothing like seeing it all up close.
    how long is best to stay there to get all things id like to see?

I suppose that depends on where you are going, what you can afford to pay, how much time you have and other considerations. Check some of the travel agents that deal with African safaris and see what packages they have and watch out for offers in the newspapers.

Advertisement