Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants for Lunch

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Where would anyone reccomend for lunch between Drogheda and Dundalk. Some place with a nice ambiance etc. Is there anyplace in Dunleer.? Than you:confused::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Theres a Bia in Dunleer or you could try the grove hotel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭gipi

It's a while since I ate there, but Sextons on the Dundalk Rd was always good. In Dundalk itself I regularly eat in the Malt House, close to the Hospital.

Donegan's in Monasterboice is also a good one, as is the Valley Inn on the old N1 close to Dunleer (just can't remember which side it's on - Drogheda or Dundalk!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mabet

All ideas so welcome. Meeting long lost friends from far away for meal and chat and glass of wine and i have to decide venue but its been so long since I have been to restaurants in that area. Has the Grove got a bar menu or is it sit down in the dining room.? Where about is Bia and what type of food is served.?
    Also wondering any nice places for lunch in Blackrock.Anywhere there conducive to what I may be looking for. Not just nice tasty well served food but nice atmosphere as well!!! Not much I ask!! Any suggestions welcome as I have not got a clue:confused::):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

mabet wrote: »
    Where would anyone reccomend for lunch between Drogheda and Dundalk.

If it's between Drogheda and Dundalk I'd have to say Drogheda. In Dundalk they eat their young.:D

Donegan's I hear has gotten quite pricey. The Grove the last time I was in it was terrible. O'Neills in Anagassan might be worth a trip. Nice view of the sea and only about 10mins from the Motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

If your going to Blackrock the stonehouse is recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

gipi wrote: »
    It's a while since I ate there, but Sextons on the Dundalk Rd was always good. In Dundalk itself I regularly eat in the Malt House, close to the Hospital.

Donegan's in Monasterboice is also a good one, as is the Valley Inn on the old N1 close to Dunleer (just can't remember which side it's on - Drogheda or Dundalk!).

The food is absolutely fantastic in the valley inn these days, would recommend it, wouldnt be too sure about the menu for lunches , it seems more aimed at an evening trade .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

mabet wrote: »
    All ideas so welcome. Meeting long lost friends from far away for meal and chat and glass of wine and i have to decide venue but its been so long since I have been to restaurants in that area. Has the Grove got a bar menu or is it sit down in the dining room.? Where about is Bia and what type of food is served.?
    Also wondering any nice places for lunch in Blackrock.Anywhere there conducive to what I may be looking for. Not just nice tasty well served food but nice atmosphere as well!!! Not much I ask!! Any suggestions welcome as I have not got a clue:confused::):D

you wont get drink in bia and i wouldnt go there myself, im not that impressed with it

The Grove has a bar menu as well if that is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

event wrote: »
    you wont get drink in bia and i wouldnt go there myself, im not that impressed with it

The Grove has a bar menu as well if that is needed

Have to say I was mightily impressed with Bia, though I was only there once. Nice grub, great portions and all very reasonable prices.

Probably not the atmospheric venue for the thread starter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

dont know if they're open for lunch but mcbrides in castlebellingham is very nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

• Advertisement
Advertisement