Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX - Validation - What?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

My copy of FSX is asking for validation, probably because I've reinstalled the OS a few times lately. Whats involved. How does this effect selling FSX on to someone else. Do you need to re-register or can you not sell it to someone else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

This happened me also. I wasn't able to use the multiplayer feature and when in free flight the gamw would close after 30 mins. I called microsoft and they gave me another validation key which didnt work. I googled and found where you can download a file which, after you've pasted it into your FSX directory, wont ask you for a validation code ever again! worked like a charm. I'll see if i can dig the link out for you .

ok, this is the one i used, i got it from the forum here:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/postx22345-0-120.html

first you need to install SP1 for FSX here :

http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/flightsimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

then downlad the three dll files from here:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3696290/FSX_SP1_tested_over_2_hours

I recommend saving the original copy of the dll files in case something goes wrong and you need to put them back!!

Hope this sorts you out.

tracker-man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I can't get any of those links to work for me. That one with the cats is doing my head in. I can't tell which cat is which. :o

On trying to reinstall it I got an error like the disk was scratched. So I was a bit miffed though I couldn't see any marks on the disk. After reading a few forums it seems this error is common and is a bug rather than a problem with the disk. The way around is to copy both disks to your local drive. Which I did and it work! Even more surprising is it validated with the code on the box. After previous failing. From what I've read the install & validation on FSX is serious flawed. Anyway its runs like a dog on my laptop even after the service packs. So I've going to see how 2004 runs. Now then I'll get back to tweaking FSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I had exactly the same problem bostonb and went and bought another copy of the game thinking the one i got online was faulty. I had problems then with Roxio DVD burner software somehow interfering, there were thousands of people unable to install it when it first came out and took ages for MS to respond.

I'm thinking of going back to FS2004 too, my laptop just doesnt cut it very well with FSX and I want to get the PMDG 737NG going again, its by far the best 737 sim and they wont have a version out for FSX for quite some time. Highly recommend it if anyone likes their baby boeings!

• Advertisement

BostonB, i'm glad you got it fixed :)

I use FS2004 over FSX because, (1) There is way more add on aircraft available for FS2004 than there is for FSX. (2) Squawkbox is only compatible with FS2004 (although an FSX version is in the making) and (3) I find the frame rates in FS2004 much better than FSX, on my system anyway.

At the detail levels I can run FSX at, it looks worse than 2004.

Advertisement