Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 200

Options
  • 01-05-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Can the maps on this version be updated? It would seem odd that they sell a gps that you can't update (unless it's a trick to get you to buy a new one) but my brother says that he can't update his one.

Anyone able to throw some light on the subject for me? Also I know it's a bit late to ask since it's already bought but what's the general opinion on the Nuvi 200?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can update the maps on all Garmin units. If you have not registered the unit with Garmin then you should be able to get a free upgrade by registering now and telling them that you purchased the unit in Feb/Mar 2008.

Get the serial number of the unit and go to this website...

http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

The mechanism for updating maps is that you can get a free map update DVD from Garmin but you have to purchase an unlock code unless you are entitled to a free upgrade.

If you register your unit now and say that you purchased it in Feb/Mar 2008 then they will ship you the map update DVD and there will be a sticker on the back of the DVD case with an unlock code so you won't have to pay anything.

Advertisement