Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good (independent) garage / mechanic in Dundalk

Options
  • 01-05-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

can anyone suggest a trustworthy (independent) garage or mechanic in or near Dundalk?

Particularly I'd be interested in garages where you don't get the feeling that you're being ripped off and where the folks working there seem to have a decent technical understanding as opposed to just using the trial and error method, i.e. replacing one part after another at the expense of the customer and see whether this solves a certain problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55817842#post55817842

While you may not get the feeling you're being ripped off who's to know if you are or not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 binaryrealm

True, you just never know. That's more a general problem.

However if a large number of people is happy with the service in a certain garage and thinks that the service is reasonably priced (although the definition of "reasonably priced" is probably a rather spongy one) then I'd say that is a strong indication that the garage in question is a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

True, you just never know. That's more a general problem.

However if a large number of people is happy with the service in a certain garage and thinks that the service is reasonably priced (although the definition of "reasonably priced" is probably a rather spongy one) then I'd say that is a strong indication that the garage in question is a good one.

I've always got the best service and value from the Main Dealership where I bought the cars.

Advertisement