Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good allrounder set of phones

Options
  • 30-04-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,got blasted again for having the music up :pac::eek:
    Anyone any recommendations for a decent set of phones ,either wireless or wired. For mostly music (all genres).

I'd consider myself knowledgable of decent stuff ,but I'm looking for some advice here as I've gone through so many pairs.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

How much do you want to spend ? Closed or open ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I don't mind spending to get a good set ,but they will be used with my pc a lot.
    Closed or open ,whichever is better value.

Closed or open headphones is not down to the best value for money, its down to the environment you will be listening to music in. Closed headphones will block out some of the surronding noise and others wont be able to hear what you are listening to. Open are usually better at reproducing music but wont block any external noise and anyone in the room will be able to hear what you are listening to.

On a few recommendations - AKG 271s (Closed) ~100e, Sennheiser HD25 (Closed) ~150, Grado SR-80 (Open) ~100, Beyerdynamic DT880 (Open) ~200e, shure e3c (in ear) ~ 150, Sennheiser PX 100 (open) ~50e

The beyerdynamics need to be amped, the others you can prob get away without an amp(esp e3c,PX100), but they will all sound better amped.

Thanks for the replies ,I can't seem to locate most of the headphones.

There also seems to be a mK 2 of the akg 271's .
    I'd like to go for them or the HD25's.

Any recommendations on shops/eshops?

Got my AKGs on Ebay and the DT880 from Meier-Audio (http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/)

Peats might have the HD25s, but you will be paying over the odds for them

• Advertisement

Thanks voxpop:)

Advertisement