Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Experienced Herp Keeper!

Options
  • 30-04-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I have a two beautiful reptiles looking for a new home.

First is Al the Bearded Dragon, he's roughly 3 years old and an absolute sweetie, he loves being stroked and bathed, and human contact. He will sit on your knee being stroked for hours on end. He is not suitable for a colony however, as he is hostile towards other beardies, even females, and has attacked a female badly in the past, this also makes him unsuitable for breeding.

Second is Lenny, veiled chameleon. His age is unknown, but it approximately 4 years. He was very badly treated as a young cham, and this has left some unsightly physical effects, he is very thin and his crest is slightly bent. His marking are beautiful though and he would make a beautiful addition to any experienced keepers collection. He is a fussy eater and will mostly only eat locusts and wax worms, as he was so undernourished in the past he must have regular vitamins added to his food (a little extra to a normal cham). Despite his unfortunate early years he is currently in excellent health. He does not like to be handled and will hiss and display threatening behavior when approached with a hand, and he must be picked up with extreme caution when its time for an enclosure clean out. He will eat from your hand or a tweezers, and possibly for someone with the patience and experience may even tame a little with time.

I love these babies dearly, but unfortunately due to personal circumstances right now, they are just not getting the time they deserve.

If you think you could give either of them a good home, please contact me. I will have to ask you a few questions to make sure you are the right person, so please don't be offended by the grilling you'll get!! LOL

Please don't waste my time if you are not experienced, these are not beginner pets, especially the chameleon, they both need very special care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hi hun,

They are welcome to come & live here - I have 2 veiled cams & 3 beardies myself - ask away hun - I keep a lot of herps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Where are you based? I know from reading your posts in the past that you know what your doing :D In fact I think I may have met you?? Do you have a monitor called Monty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Shelli wrote: »
    Where are you based? I know from reading your posts in the past that you know what your doing :D In fact I think I may have met you?? Do you have a monitor called Monty?
    bond 007 is the man for anything about reptiles,no question about bond 007 the new Steve Irwin of ireland;):rolleyes::D

Shelli I am in Laois & yes I used to have a baby bosc called Monty.

When did we meet??

I bought some sugar gliders from you a while back!

I don't have any way of getting to Laois these days though, will you or anyone you know be in Dublin any time soon?

• Advertisement

Where in Dublin are you? I will see if my friend can meet you & get the reps.

Do you still have the gliders??

Unfortunately no, they figured out how to pop the side door of the cage, clever little critters, Mia escape. I kept pouches hung around the place for weeks and left food out for her too, but no sign, my worst fear is that she got out of the house somehow and one of the local cats got hold of her.
    Jasmin had a seisure of sorts, I brought her to the vet and she said that it was a type of epilepsy, common in gliders or so she said. Nothing anyone could have seen coming... :( She was fine for about another 7 months or so and then one evening she had another fit, she died that night. She was such a sweetie, she bonded really well and loved play time.

I was considering getting another pair, but my little fella came along and I knew I wouldn't have the time needed unti he is much older.

Oh BTW, do you have tanks/enclosures for the reps? I'm based just beside Glasnevin cemetary.

I do have tanks etc - I do need to a few days to sort things out first hun,

Oh I remember you telling me about the Mia - I still have her photo on my computer with her dad :( Sorry to hear Jasmin also died - I hate losing pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Fair play to you both folks. Its great to see conciderate and mature people willing to dig each other out and take a creature off one caring owner to another!

Boards needs more of this!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I work in Dublin and live in Kildare - Laois is not too much further, so if your mate can't do it PM me and I will be able to help. (I would need something to transport them in though)

Ah lads, your generosity astounds me. I really am so grateful to everyone who's offered their help!

Thank you so much for the offer Helena - I may have to take you up on this offer - but will see what I can work out over the weekend.

Advertisement