Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel question

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

I have got the hang of Auto suming a line of colums on a sheet in excel but wonder can you auto sum a few sheets?, let me explain
    I am using it for invoices and on row

C44 is Vat@13.5%
    C45 is Vat@21%

So is it possible at the end of a month to get excel to auto sum all invoices/sheets for lines C44 and C45 or will autosum only work on the sheet you have open?.

On a side note
    A friend who bought a sage package for his company but decided not to use it, is he able to resell it as I was thinking of going down this route.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

holding down shift highlights several sheets This allows you to autosum across multipile sheets. for example I want to tot up cell a28 from sheets 1-3. The forumula is =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A28)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

cubix wrote: »
    I have got the hang of Auto suming a line of colums on a sheet in excel but wonder can you auto sum a few sheets?, let me explain
    I am using it for invoices and on row

C44 is Vat@13.5%
    C45 is Vat@21%

So is it possible at the end of a month to get excel to auto sum all invoices/sheets for lines C44 and C45 or will autosum only work on the sheet you have open?.

On a side note
    A friend who bought a sage package for his company but decided not to use it, is he able to resell it as I was thinking of going down this route.

If the package is registered to him ,then the support is also probably included there.

You might be better off to buy a new one in your own name and also get the support with it. However, if he is willing to take a knockdown price , then I would consider it.

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Chevy he is willing to give to me as he is not using it anymore but its the support I reckon I will need as I have never used it before. Might have a scout around and see if there are any books on sage, Cheers
    KingKong could not get holding down the shift key to highlight several sheets to work for me. But I tried your other suggestion, added another sheet to the end of Aprils invoices and typed in the example you gave me and it worked a treat-very much appreciated
    Not sure if its possible but have three more questions please

1)In F8 I put in the date of when I am doing the invoice ie:30/04/08. Is there any way I can set it up that it would take its date from the pc. So if I was doing an invoice tomorrow it would automaticlly put in 01/05/08.

2) In B11 I put in the invoice number ie:0045. Which is the same number that is on the tab below. Can it be setup to takes it lead from what ever number is on the tab below and put the same number into B11. So if I have 10 sheets laid out and rename them 0001,0002 etc and am working on 0003 it will automaticlly put 0003 in B11.

3)In E13 I would put in the time it took to do a job ie:09:00-13:00. So the job took 4hours to do, 4x€20=80. So I would type in €80 into E33 which is the colum for labour price before Vat. Is there anyway to do a sum that by me putting in the time it took the job in E13 it would work out the price and put it into E33

Any help with the questions above would be great. Would be very interested in an answer to question 3 as this is where I want to make the least mistakes:D

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

cubix wrote: »
    Chevy he is willing to give to me as he is not using it anymore but its the support I reckon I will need as I have never used it before. Might have a scout around and see if there are any books on sage, Cheers
    KingKong could not get holding down the shift key to highlight several sheets to work for me. But I tried your other suggestion, added another sheet to the end of Aprils invoices and typed in the example you gave me and it worked a treat-very much appreciated
    Not sure if its possible but have three more questions please

1)In F8 I put in the date of when I am doing the invoice ie:30/04/08. Is there any way I can set it up that it would take its date from the pc. So if I was doing an invoice tomorrow it would automaticlly put in 01/05/08.

2) In B11 I put in the invoice number ie:0045. Which is the same number that is on the tab below. Can it be setup to takes it lead from what ever number is on the tab below and put the same number into B11. So if I have 10 sheets laid out and rename them 0001,0002 etc and am working on 0003 it will automaticlly put 0003 in B11.

3)In E13 I would put in the time it took to do a job ie:09:00-13:00. So the job took 4hours to do, 4x€20=80. So I would type in €80 into E33 which is the colum for labour price before Vat. Is there anyway to do a sum that by me putting in the time it took the job in E13 it would work out the price and put it into E33

Any help with the questions above would be great. Would be very interested in an answer to question 3 as this is where I want to make the least mistakes:D

Thanks again

1) =today()

2) not sure

3) yes but you need to use an extra cell

all pretty basic stuff. . . have u tried an excel course?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Grand job, yep on me way right now;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement