Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 300 map updates

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I am trying to update maps on my nuvi 300. I have already(or I think I have?)installed a new version of a map on the GPS, but everytime I turn on the unit, it says something like "updating maps"???

Can new maps be installed onto a unit without having an SD card installed first, or do I need one????

I'm not a "techie" at all, so all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If you have any links, that would be great too.......?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What maps are you trying to install?

I have a 300 myself and it was a real pain trying to install the new maps, with repeated "update failures" I can't remember the exact cause but I googled it at the time and there is a known issue with some units. Mine was a refurb and this could well be the reason why it had been returned.

In any case the 300 only has enough internal memory for UK & Ireland maps, however Garmin's update CD will allow you to upgarde to European maps free of charge.

In the end I got a 2Gb Kingston SD card from www.memoryc.com and loaded the entire European maps onto it. Now it's working fine.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi Do-more,

I'm trying to add an updated version of the Ireland & UK maps too. But, every time I turn it on, its saying "Updating maps"?? How do I know if the upload has been successful??

:confused:

EDIT: I just want to upload the Ireland map, cos my sense of direction is totally non-existant!!!!!

Advertisement