Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Some Issues With My 32" Widescreen Black Diamond...

Options
  • 29-04-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the correct thread, please move if it is not. Thanks.

The problem basically can be described as follows- there appears to be some sort of a transparent "peel" effect up from the bottom left hand corner of the screen, and when you switch from TV to teletext the problem seems to be that the text is almost "falling off" the page in the bottom left hand corner- it seems to slant out of view.

If you are watching TV, example Network 2, the "TTV" sign is not fully displayed, its only partially visible in the left hand corner.

I have cycled through the zoom options to no effect, and the tilt option doesn't seem to fix it either.

I should add that I have a so-so reception on my terrestrial aerial but the last time I used the TV with a digital signal {NTL} there were no issues.

Many thanks indeed.
    ITL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved Television>>>>>HE General

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxfordbuild

I had the same problem with 2 Black Diamonds, had them both for about 4 years and within a month of each other starting acting up, only lasted a few weeks after that before picture starting jumping continuously on left side of screen. Mitsubishi don't distribute TVs anymore, the Walker brand is from the same factory in Turkey just rebadged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

I had the same problem with 2 Black Diamonds, had them both for about 4 years and within a month of each other starting acting up, only lasted a few weeks after that before picture starting jumping continuously on left side of screen. Mitsubishi don't distribute TVs anymore, the Walker brand is from the same factory in Turkey just rebadged.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way of getting this fixed?? I bought the TV on hire purchase and I happen to like it a lot. My TV is over 3 years old and now I have a bit of flicker/jump on the top.

Should I bin it or try and get it fixed, do you have any technical idea as to what is wrong with them? Thanks.

Cheers:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Bin it man . I used to sell those tvs a few years ago . Nothing but trouble they were. As was said already , they arent mitubishi, they were made in Turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Bin it man . I used to sell those tvs a few years ago . Nothing but trouble they were. As was said already , they arent mitubishi, they were made in Turkey

well bollox to the bastards that sold it to me then!!!:mad::mad:

Thanks for your help pal.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement