Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Food Confusion

Options
  • 29-04-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys, I'm reading a lot of horror stories about what dog food can potentially be made up of which can potentially harm your animal, could anybody please shine some light on this for me or recommend safe food, I have a Japanese Akita and a Shih Tzu (I know a strange combination) that I love and the last thing I want is to be feeding them harmfull food thats supposed to be good for them, I'm currently using Hill's Science plan for the Akita and Royal Canine Shih Tzu for the Shih Tzu (dry food) are these really any good as we are lead to believe or is it all advertising and hipe by the corporations, at this stage I dont know what to believe, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 flamingo12

hi
    dry food is def the way to go...
    hills and royal canin are both excellent foods, they are formulated recipes which means the ingrediants wont change according to their availability, unlike some of the cheaper foods.( this could cause tummy upset) wet food (cans) contains up to 70% water and all sorts of bits from animals e.g snout, entrails etc..... whereas hills and r/c is made of chicken breast which would be fit for human consumption. so stick to what your feeding them and never ever give them human food!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Benferris00

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it, I'll do that.

Advertisement