Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdreesers in Dundalk

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Would anyone out there be able to recommend a good ladies hairdresser in Dundalk. I am interested in one who can give a really good cut that lasts as I have really thick hair that needs it. Most hairdressers I have visited over the years are difficult to communicate with and not very willing to listen to client's views they go ahead with the same style they know and use on everyone without taking into account face shape, age etc. My experience on visiting salons is hair is washed and then a stylist approaches asks what are you having done, whilst sometimes talking to anothe stylist in midst of you trying to explain. They say sorry and then proceed without offering any suggestions. This has been my experience over last 15 years attending 4 different salons. I also feel when your hairdresser gets used to you they dont seem to put in a special effort any more.. Has anyone else had this experience or am I just visiting the wrong salons. Would be grateful if I got name of a salon and a hairdresser that is different. Average price I have paid for a wash cut and blow dry is 40 Euro and around 110 for colour cut and highlights. Is this same in all salons or are there better services at higher prices in the town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Try The Hair Shop in Williamsons Mall. Nial (or it might be Neil!!) is very good. He will sit down with you before your hair is washed to discuss what you want done and what he might recommend. Haven't been there for a while but last time I think it was around €50 - €55 for wash, cut and blowdry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mabet

sudzs Thanks for that. Never heard of him but will give it a try and let you know how it goes.:) Any more suggestions always welcome. Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I have thick hair too so need it cut every 6 - 8 weeks.
    I go to Anne Maries down beside the Home Bakery (across from the side entrance to the Century Bar)
    A dry cut is €6.50, I can't say what a wash/cut/blowdry is but I would imagine it would be in or around the €25 mark.
    She is nice and is willing to give advice if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh my god, I've just had the worrst experience in a hairdressers ever!
    I made the mistake of not going to my own recommendation (he is on holidays though) and have been hacked.

Worst haircut ever, I am mortified.

So if anyone wants to know where NOT to go, ask and I'll pm ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sudzs wrote: »
    Oh my god, I've just had the worrst experience in a hairdressers ever!
    I made the mistake of not going to my own recommendation (he is on holidays though) and have been hacked.

Worst haircut ever, I am mortified.

So if anyone wants to know where NOT to go, ask and I'll pm ya.

Guys ,

I'm pretty open minded in THIS forum about name and shame , provided there is evidence about the incident.

Now for instance i have read sudz post on FAP forum , and i have to say i was gutted for her.

Monet !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JulieMac

Yes - I am one of Niall's clients from the Hair Shop in Francis St. & he is a good hairdresser & passes on good advice.
    One of the more expensive hairdressers in town but u pay for what u get - professionalism.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

Needed a change from my usual hairdresser so took Sudz's advice and went to Niall in the Hair Shop...and it was the best hairdressing experience i've ever had!! He's brilliant. gave me loads of advice on my hair type, tips on styling at home and most importantly, a really good cut. Really nice guy. highly recommended!

Advertisement