Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail App problems on Nokia 6300

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I''m on Meteor Pay as you Go and I can't get the Gmail App to work. It keeps telling me I need "A Working data connection is required" or "must suscribe to packet data first" no matter what setting I use (ISP or WAP)

Anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I''m on Meteor Pay as you Go and I can't get the Gmail App to work. It keeps telling me I need "A Working data connection is required" or "must suscribe to packet data first" no matter what setting I use (ISP or WAP)

Anyone know how to fix it?

I have the same problem on a SE W910i but I can use it for other data connections and can access the gmail site fine. The app just doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

@slayerdiabolus, you need to follow the instructions i gave here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055279952

it's referring to a program i made but it affects all java apps on that phone

@helimachoptor, can other java applications access the internet? Go into settings-connectivity-internet settings-settings for java and make sure it's set to use meteor wap

then highlight meteor wap, press more-settings and make sure its set to use the proxy 010.085.085.085 with the port number 8799

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 slayerdiabolus

Sam Vines your a genius!!! I just checked out your Cabbage program aswell. Handy stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sam Vines your a genius!!! I just checked out your Cabbage program aswell. Handy stuff!!

i take it it worked then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 slayerdiabolus

It did indeed! Thank you very much!

• Advertisement
Advertisement