Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a BMW Z3

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Came across this the other day, always liked these.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/Z3/car/976219/

Though i know very little about them, is it a wise move to get one? any serious problems?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

33k miles with two owners on an 8 year old car. Nice find if it's true milleage, absolute bargain as far as i can see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

im thinking of getting one of these from the UK. 2002. 2.2 litre.

23 year old male
    European license for 2 years.
    no penalty points.
    2 years no claim bonus
    no named drive experience..

Ive checked a few places online for a quote but cant get one.
    Any idea what it would be roughly.
    And who would quote me?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Drive one first. I drove a 2.8, and thought the engine was the best thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

The Z3 is one of the worst cars I ever drove ( and I have driven alot !) - and believe me I am a huge fan of the looks so imagine how disappointed I was when it turned out to be just awful. I suggest you look elsewhere - Mx5 or MR2 even.

sorry to be a buzz kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

33k miles with two owners on an 8 year old car. Nice find if it's true milleage, absolute bargain as far as i can see :)
    It has a full service history, so it should be easy to verify the mileage. Those blue seats are not to everyone's taste (mine included) and it's an auto. I'd say that could be a hard car to sell.

EDIT: reading RobAMerc's comment there, the Z3 is widely considered to be the worst car ever made by BMW. I can't comment as I haven't driven one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Hmm seems a good price. Hope you dont mind an auto box.

The 2.2l is a quick car, I couldnt shake it off my tail in my E36 323i on the straights at a track day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

anyone got any input on my insurance query?/

Thanks

Advertisement