Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wire

Options
  • 28-04-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

i i got eircom wirelsss for my pc today. i have 2 pcs in the room and both connect to it fine.
    i have a laptop i would like to connect up to it and it wont. it says i am "connected with limited access" and there is a problem with the internet.
    there is something about an unidentified network ...do i need to network my laptop to my pc??
    signal strength is very strong
    any help much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

You might have to setup a user id and password to access this.......your laptop may dtectect it if it has a wirelass detector....

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

how would i do that

Has your laptop same op system as your 2 pcs?

Has your laptop same op system as your 2 pcs?

Yes all windows xp (home ed)

• Advertisement

Is your laptop dtecting your wireless internet at all in the room and what way do you normally conect tointernet from your laptop?

its detecting it fully - just says connected with limited access
    i normally connect it using the wire...

ashlingm wrote: »
    Yes all windows xp (home ed)

sorry just copped on laptop is vista...other are xp. does that make a difference

Should make it easier..........vista is a good bit easier I am using O2 broadband on my new vista laptop...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you entered your password to enable you to access the wireless network?

Are there any other wireless networks showing up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement