Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Champinix

Options
  • 28-04-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Anyone used these tabs?

Have a course want to take but would like to see if it was successful for others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I used Champix so I assume that this is the same thing. Basically you will need to attend a doctor who will write a description for you. You will get a months supply initially and if I remember correctly you have to start taking them 10 days before you actually quit. You take one first thing in the morning and one last thing before you head for bed. I started taking them last August and I havent smoked since so I would highly recommend them. What they do is block the signal from your brain telling you that you want to smoke or at least I think thats the way they work. There is no nicotine in them. The great thing was for me the side effects were minimal - no cravings only an increase in appetite which you have to watch. Also, the only problem I had with them was at night where I found that the nightime tablet used to result in a broken sleep for me and often nightmares, as I was longer a non-smoker I stopped taking the one at night and I was fine. Again, it was nothing too severe - just my opinion.
    Good luck !!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

On day 7 myself and like trek climber the night time tablet definitely disturbs my sleep and im not feeling great in the morning,but its worth it.im starting to stubb out cigarettes halfway through and not smoking as much as i was a week ago,so,hopefully this time next week ill be a non smoker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭harmacist

The quit rate with Champix is quite a bit better than either nicotine replacement (patches,gum etc) or the older oral medication Zyban(isn't used too often these days). The sleep disturbance is a common problem with the Champix - for some folk it settles down after a couple of weeks, but not with everybody. Worth sticking with it if you can though, I know some hardened smokers with 40 years experience of the dreaded weed quitting with Champix..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

well,on day 11 now of the course and guess what,im smoke free for the first time in a very long time,i know im only off them 2 days but the cravings are totally gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

hi tryed the tabs and now one year later still a non smoker keep it going lads makes a big differance to your health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

how much weight have ye put up?I bought champix today
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I lost 2 stone! Stopped smoking (using Champix) and started a diet on the same day. Best of luck with giving up cigarettes.

Advertisement