Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas powered Rifles

Options
  • 28-04-2008 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Hate calling airsoft products rifles when the barrels dont have any rifle-ing
    but thats the way the product is worded in the ad....gas rifle.

Seen an ad for the Madbull JP CTR-02 C02 Gas rifle and I want one!!!!
    Since its CO2 I am wondering if they have a restrictor for it so it can be made
    legal here in Ireland.

Cant see anyplace that mentions how much they may cost anyone care to
    take a guess?

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

co2 is a more constant and more powerful power supply than 123a/green gas, in terms of restricting it i would have no idea have not come across any examples or co2 airsoft devices that have been downgraded they all come in >1j, i;ve only come across the upgrade front end kits http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=24240 so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Yeah only ever saw 1 GBB pistol that was within the Limits here that used C02.

Main gripe with green gas /134a powered stuff here is the magazines or more
    the actual system to supply the gas. More often than not with most of my Gas powdered
    stuff. I either run out of gas before the mag is empty or there are gas leaks or trouble
    filling the mags with the nozzles/inlet valves.

Was plinking with my Star AW338 yesterday which has a HUGE magazine and I
    only managed to get 3/4 of a magazine our of one fill of gas and thats with a bolt action!
    half way through firing the BB's started to dribble out the barrell.

It would be nice to see mags with bigger reservoirs that contain a lot more gas
    that actually needed to ensure you get a full magazines shooting regardless of the weather
    being hot/cold etc.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

bullets wrote: »
    Yeah only ever saw 1 GBB pistol that was within the Limits here that used C02.

Main gripe with green gas /134a powered stuff here is the magazines or more
    the actual system to supply the gas. More often than not with most of my Gas powdered
    stuff. I either run out of gas before the mag is empty or there are gas leaks or trouble
    filling the mags with the nozzles/inlet valves.

Was plinking with my Star AW338 yesterday which has a HUGE magazine and I
    only managed to get 3/4 of a magazine our of one fill of gas and thats with a bolt action!
    half way through firing the BB's started to dribble out the barrell.

It would be nice to see mags with bigger reservoirs that contain a lot more gas
    that actually needed to ensure you get a full magazines shooting regardless of the weather
    being hot/cold etc.

~B

is 3/4 of a mag normal for the star aw338? this is top of my wish list at the moment but i would be quite disappointed if that was normal operation for the star

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

ZygOte wrote: »
    is 3/4 of a mag normal for the star aw338? this is top of my wish list at the moment but i would be quite disappointed if that was normal operation for the star

To be honest I have not used it much so cant say. The last time I took it out
    The mag lasted a lot longer. But it varies drastically. I initially got the mag
    and it had a faulty inlet valve so needed to get a replacement one.
    The magazine is huge so in Theory if everything is working OK there should
    be plenty of room to hold lots of gas.

One MAJOR issue with the 338 is you cannot buy spare magazines for it!!!!

The Magazine consists of the part that contains the gas and a separate stripper clip
    that holds the BB's. If you go looking to order spare magazines for this what
    you will find is the stripper clips on their own. No Place seems to sell the full magazine.
    Amazing bit of Kit though Solid and Heavy. I've got pics someplace in the pics thread.
    Star dont even sell the full magazine as a spare part and the Hong Kong dealers I contacted in the past were no help or got confused as to what I was asking them for.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055186470

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can get an air pressure regulator that reduces the pressure of the CO2, im not sure where to get them but ive used them on bigger scale stuff, pretty simple how they work.,
    drop KD a PM on it, i know he's researched it a bit in the past.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

vtec wrote: »
    you can get an air pressure regulator that reduces the pressure of the CO2, im not sure where to get them but ive used them on bigger scale stuff, pretty simple how they work.,
    drop KD a PM on it, i know he's researched it a bit in the past.,

Cool, thats interesting..

Advertisement