Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[April 27] 10m Air Pistol National Championships

Options
  • 22-04-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

From the NTSA Website:
    National Air Pistol Championships 2008

Written by Geoff Cooney
    Sunday, 13 April 2008

National Target Shooting Association of Ireland

National Air Pistol Championships 2008

We are delighted to announce this year’s National Air Pistol Championships, which are to be held in University College Dublin’s range on Sunday the 27th of April 2008.

The formats for this year’s competitions are as follows:

National Air Pistol Championships.
    This will be an Air Pistol 60 shot qualifying event, open to both male and female shooters, leading into a 10 shot final. The three highest placed Irish persons, after the final, will be the Irish National Champions and Championship medals will be awarded accordingly. Non Irish persons are invited to take part also and will be eligible to win other prizes.

Re-entry is not permitted.

The fees for this match are as follows:

Adult entry = €20.00
    Student and / or Junior entry = €15.00.

Event Timetable
    Sunday 27th of April 08
    Start Time
    Detail 1: 10.00am
    Detail 2: 12.00pm
    Final: 2.00pm
    Medal Ceremony: 2.30pm

Pre booking is necessary.

No entries will be accepted after 5.00pm on Thursday the 24th of April 2008.

Please contact me through the NTSA website or at acooney@iol.ie and or at 046 9054167

We wish to thank the UCD club for their continued support and use of their facilities.

Anthony G Cooney.
    Airgun Coordinator

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Received by email:
    Hi Everybody,

Thank you for entering the National Air Pistol Championships this year. I wish to inform you of a change in the timetable for the event. Due to the booking levels, I have decided to drop the 10.00am detail as advertised and to bring forward the 12.00pm detail to 11.00am. This will result in a full detail at 11.00am. The final will also be brought forward.

I hope that this change will not cause too many problems and I wish you all the best in the forthcoming match.

Thank you.

Anthony G. Cooney

Airgun Coordinator

The official results are on their way to the websites by now I guess, but an interesting match. Going into the finals, it was the Fermoy lads in the lead, but things changed about during the finals and so for the second year in a row, Tim Scannell takes the gold medal back home to Kerry and Joe Conroy takes the silver back to Cork; John Cashman from Fermoy takes bronze.

Bother, forgot to unlock the thread. Fixed now.
    The results are now up on the WTSC website and the NTSA website:
    10m Air Pistol National Championships 2008
    Written by Geoff Cooney
    Sunday, 27 April 2008

The results from today's National 10m Air Pistol Championships are as follows:

AP 60
    Name |Club |Elimination Score |Final Score |Combined |
    Tim Scannell |KTSC |524 |93.3 |617.3 |1st
    Joe Conroy |Fermoy |526 |88.8 |614.8 |2nd
    John Cashman |Fermoy |528 |86.4 |614.4 |3rd
    James Farrell |WTSC |516 |90.1 |606.1 |
    Eanna Bailey |MPI |501 |84.8 |585.8 |
    Ray Kane |DFST |488 |85.3 |573.3 |
    Natalya Coyle |MPI |476 |76.7 |552.7 |
    Mark Dennehy |WTSC |473 |74.1 |547.1 |
    Lara Bailey |MPI |453 |||
    Roisin Eivers |MPI |450 |||

Tim Scannell from Kerry has retained his gold medal in this event again this year. Joe Conroy, from Fermoy, has retained his silver medal. John Cashman, another member from Fermoy, has taken the Bronze medal. This was John's first time to compete in this event. Congratulations are extended to our medal winners. We wish to thank all who competed and all who helped out on the day. We wish our friends in Modern Pentathlon Ireland (MPI) all the best in their forthcoming Junior European Championship Event which they are hosting later this year in Dublin.

Advertisement