Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking Redundancy?

Options
  • 27-04-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I may be offered a redundancy package in work.I have been in the same company for the past 24 years.There are big changes coming so I may jump ship.They will be locating further away too.The package has yet to be confirmed but I know it will be generous.But I wont be able to survive on it forever
    Obviously,it would be hard to leave after all these years but I'm not sure what lies ahead there.Starting a new job ,perhaps in a total different area of work would be daunting.

Has anyone been in the same boat?Any regrets? How did people feel after they left?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I left the printing trade by taking voluntary redundancy in 2005 after 21 years. I had a job lined up tho.
    Very big decision for me to make at the time, and the money doesn't last if you're not working.
    The place closed down for good about a month back, so in retrospect I did make the correct decision.

Advertisement