Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices of cut & blowdry in Carlow

Options
  • 27-04-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

I was charged €48 for a cut & blowdry in a salon in Carlow this week. To me this sounds very high. It was my first time using it, my own salon was busy, I didn't request anyone particular or senior stylist or anything.

Can't think of the name of it, but it is opposite where the Royal Hotel used to be.

Is that normal or high price, any opinions anyone????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's fairly high, for Carlow.

Lynda Maher on Tullow street, it was 38 euro the last time I got my hair cut and blowdried, and I like the way she cuts my hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Holy crap!! My dad cuts my hair for free! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

next time walk up the street to miley's barber shop and he will do it for €20, and yes it seems a bit pricey but there are so many salons in Carlow now it appears as if they are keeping their prices artificially high, they all charge around the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

foggy_lad wrote: »
    next time walk up the street to miley's barber shop and he will do it for €20, and yes it seems a bit pricey but there are so many salons in Carlow now it appears as if they are keeping their prices artificially high, they all charge around the same

Are you serious foggy lad, that you think it is deliberate. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I'd well believe it. Price fixing is rampant everywhere, take petrol stations, car sales, supermarkets..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

queen-mise wrote: »
    I was charged €48 for a cut & blowdry in a salon in Carlow this week. To me this sounds very high. It was my first time using it, my own salon was busy, I didn't request anyone particular or senior stylist or anything.

Can't think of the name of it, but it is opposite where the Royal Hotel used to be.

Is that normal or high price, any opinions anyone????

I had mine done in Fringes not long back €40 first time there, was ok, but I just cant blow dry it the same as them!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i get a male dry cut at my next door neighbour who used to own scissors empire on tullow street, now moved her salon into her front room, very professional job, for €7wash cut and blowdry is about €12.
    those are male prices.
    my mom gets her "roots done about ever 2 months. €50 i think, and im sure she gets change.(it might be as low as €35, cant remember, im not a woman!).

her name is martina, and for the moment, she is the only woman i trust to cut my hair, i waited4 months while i was in america, so i could get my hair cut by her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 I'mamuppet

€48 does sound dear. Think the last time i went to peter marks it was only €38. I've never paid more than €42 in there. Do people still tip hairdressers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tip them for what exactly? for not slicing your ear off or for the grubby old magazines scattered around? they are charging enough for thier services without expecting a tip! the best tip you can give them if they are really good is your repeat business!

Advertisement