Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What AEG ??

Options
  • 26-04-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some veteran advice. Buying my first AEG and don't know what is the better model or make.

I'm looking at either a M4 S-System or a M15 A4 CQB, any one got a view on either of these :confused:

Also Classic army or Tokyo Marui which is the better make ?

Cheers
    Steve

What AEG ? 5 votes

M4 S-System
    0%
    M15 A4 CQB
    100%
    zero19ConchubhairRC car fanaticDr_PepperSevenie 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

how longs a piece of string............

tm and classic army have there ups and downs i would read some review, aeg will come in at 260 fps is and you may want to upgrade where as classic army more than likely come in as just under 1j with metal body, the m4 cqb takes a crane stock battery are more unique than the generic mini battery that the s-system normal use, not much more i would say go with the look you like, for the money the classic army is more value i would say but that is me.

ca m15 cqb review
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/5/cat/16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'd go with the CA on the strength of the metal body alone, but you may not want that weight. AEG choice is a very personal thing. If you can, I'd advise getting out to a skirmish site or one of the walk-in stores and actually get a feel of both units.
    I'm, personally, not a big fan of the S-System. I feel the foregrip is too wide at the bottom and needlessly bulky, it's not comfortable in the hand for me. That said, you may like it. As I said, it's a personal choice.

The main differences are, as bullets mentioned above, the metal body on the CA (Unless you're looking at the Sportsline model) and the plastic on the TM. The TM's plastic body is high quality with a good finish, so it's more of a weight and feel factor than a performance or durability issue there.
    CA's rifle's also shoot, as mentioned, about the Joule mark out-of-the-box. TM's rifles tend to shoot a little lower but can be upgraded easily to achieve similar results.
    Also, most CA's (again, apart from the Sportsline units) come with a metal gearbox as standard, allowing you to put in a higher voltage battery should you wish to boost your rate of fire. TM's usually come with a plastic gearbox which works fine for the recommended battery, however if you wish to add any performance upgrades later (like a stronger spring to bring the power closer to the 1Joule limit or a bigger battery for a higher rate of fire), you may need to upgrade the gearbox to cope.

If it's specifically an M-series rifle you're after, there are a lot of alternative brands out there too. G&G, VFC and ICS are all well regarded as doing some of the best Armalites out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

NakedDex wrote: »
    TM's usually come with a plastic gearbox

Eh , Since when?
    Plastic/Nylon bushings maybe , but the gearbox shell is metal.

never came across a tm aeg with a plastic gearbox, they normal have nylon bushings though

Spelling error, I meant the gearbox internals (bushings, gear cogs) themselves, rather than the box. I know not all the boxes come with plastic gears, but quite a few I've come across did.

• Advertisement

a tm with plastic gears? can you remember the models you came across with these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I think STAR are the only crowd that use plactic gearbox shells.

Never saw plastic gears in any TM gear box I've opened

I think STAR are the only crowd that use plastic gearbox shells

Star have used a polymer gearbox for some of there aegs, m249 was the first and had a lot of problems, there newest ones have been in the m60 and FNC and have been a lot better, the only other latest gearboxes i've come across where in very very cheap 'toys' that fire bbs would not even call them an aeg.

They were in a pair of old MP5's I had a while back. Not what I'd call cheapy's but they'd clearly had their day. One of them had stripped the sector gear and the other was close to doing the same. I've heard of nylon cogs in other boxes by TM too thought I hadn't seen them.
    Now the two MP5's might have had nylon gears put in to replace metal ones but the guy who gave them to me had claimed otherwise.

new to me never even heared of nylon gear before :)

• Advertisement

Nor had I until then, nor have I seen them since with my own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Thanks guy's, think im going to go for the Classic Army M15A4 RIS.

Are mag's brand specific ? EG if I buy a CA AEG can I use a Tokyo Marui mag in it?

Yes I am new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

M4 mags are pretty much interchangable thoughout the brands, I think Eirsoft.ie have a deal on a pair of plastic ACM ones for 12.00 yoyo, great deal, but all plastic with no trades, and a light grey colour. There are some really nice ones out there, actually, Tony from Eirsoft has a box deal of X amount M4 mags from "mag" worth a look, although I think he might be out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

on personal choice the S-System is a better looking AEG, although i wouldnt touch classic army stuff with a 10ft pole lately to be honest., ive seen a hell of a lot of failed gearboxs, hop up units etc with CA stuff and it seems they've really let it slip in the old quality department,.,
    id have a TM over it anyday, they have a lovely gearbox and nice gears, they shoot a little on the low side though, about 270 usually and most have ABS bodys but id say its far more likely to be hassle free.,

if your your into buying a high end AEG then you should have a look into the G&G, ICS, KWA etc, some really nice stuff there.,

Advertisement