Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Through the sight videos of target shooting (air rifle in particular)

Options
  • 26-04-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all, to repeat my nice long thread title, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any through the sight videos of air rifle shooting on the internet? I'd love to see what the pros see, the position of their zero, how they breathe, how they hold etc. I've seen a few SCATT traces on youtube that gave me a bit of an idea, but actual sight pictures would be nice.

The way I'm doing it now is : zero is a few inches above the black ( maybe top of a single bull target). Breathe, let it out and the rifle drops, smaller breath second time, rifle should be over target by now, steady, fire, try and remember to follow through (I'm a demon for forgetting this). If I haven't taken the shot in about 4 seconds of centering I normally start from scratch.

BTW, there's some other great videos on youtube of top competitors here. http://www.youtube.com/user/ISSFTV

Comments

SCATT would show it better tbh.

I don't have time now but after my exams I would have no problem setting that up.. would like really cool!

Edit: I have some old scatt files on the laptop in the range.. if you have a good camera phone or video recorder you can save them as a movie (laptop doesn't like talking to things!)

Advertisement