Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS2004...is the USA more detailed than elsewhere?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Well the question is really in the title. I think I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft detail the default American airports and landscape a lot more than they do with other places.

I've only ever flown, virtually, in America once (landed a Tupolev TU-114 at JFK) but that was it!

Any truth in this though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

it is absolutely the truth. i don't see what the myth is, i doubt they've even tried to hide it.

all you gotta do is "fly" outta dublin and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is scenery (albeit a bit dated) for Dublin, Cork, Waterford sligo and galway www.ifsd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah I use that - dated but it's a good download especially considering it is freeware.

AFAIK UK2000 will be doing a payware Dublin when the bulding works are finished

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

A lot of other cities/airports are done well though, paris, london, auckland to name a few...obviously their biggest customer base is the US market so thats where the detail goes. Im amazed no commercial scenery for Ireland has come out I would have thought many people around the world that might not ever visit here would enjoy flying virtually around and i'm a bit sad IFSD never got into releaseing their stuff commercially or at least selling the licences to someone to do so. Theyve done great work but obviously theres a limit to what can be done in peoples spare time and for no money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

There was a commerical add-on of Irish scenery for FS98 (I've got it somewhere) but I've never seen anything since that.

Blargh I retract what I said about UK2000 releasing dublin- that idea has now been scrapped :(

Their Stansted and Edinburgh scenery rox tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I just got a bit homesick and flew between the three aran islands then over to carnmore. Zero scenery in FSX around the area and the elevation of the islands seems all wrong. Would be so nice if the aran islands were given a makeover by someone, wouldnt take much work considering their size but would make for fun Aer Aran Islands type flying. I didnt even bother stopping in Inverin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ireland is disappointing alright. You'd think there would be decent interest in the US for flying around Ireland.

Advertisement