Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser/connection problem

Options
  • 26-04-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Firefox and IE keep crashing on me and for the life of me I cannot figure out the problem.It usually happens after a while of use,that when I go to open up a new page I get the page cannot be displayed message as if there is no connection but there is.If Im using Azureus or Utorrent they still download fine and I can still stream to my ps3.I have tried everything I can think of when this happens.Turn off the modem,reset the Ethernet port on the motherboard (A8N-SLI premium).I have also reinstalled the drivers for the board and still nothing.It happens with both browsers too,so has anyone got any ideas.Im running Vista ultimate and use the Eircom netopia modem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You mean they lose internet connection, not that they crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Yes Sherifu sorry,the browsers loose connection

It's either the driver or connection leasing maybe if you're using DHCP.

I have reinstalled the boards drivers and also tried out a usb-ethernet adapter and this problem still happens.Not sure what you mean by connection leasing and DHCP,could you maybe go into this a bit for me

Sure. If your connection has a lease time the PC will renew it's iP address every hour or some time period like that. Probably not the case here cause you would know about it I guess. Does a repair connection work when you lose connectivity?

• Advertisement

No the repair connection has no effect on this the only thing that works is to restart my computer,which is a total pain.I dont think my connection has a lease time on it but how can I check,maybe I selected something by mistake as this problem has only started in the last couple of weeks.

Still having this loss in connection problem,I've also tried virus/spyware scans and my browser still looses connection.Can anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Does it come back eventually? (say after 5 mins?)

Does Azureus have problems downloading&installing updates? Ie has this started happening since Azureus has been trying to update itself. I had a similar problem, internet worked fine for first 5mins, then no web pages would load or emails either but Azureus was working away. Removed it and solved my problem......just a thought.

Sometimes it does come back automatically,if I'm downloading something I leave it work away and when I come back I might be able to view sites again.Pretty sure Azureus updates itself,but its a possibility that it is causing the problem.I havent started Azureus yet this evening and so far I havent lost connection.I tried another computer and that was working grand while this one lost it's connection,so its definitely something with the computer that causing the problem.

Hello again. Have a look for newer network drivers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement