Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist prices,

Options
  • 26-04-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some work done and it looks like I am being charged €95 for a filling, does anyone know if this is reasonable or not??

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

How much do you expect a dentist to do it for?

"Give us 50 mate, and I'll put insome of that Lidl amalgam and use some
    of that Aldi novocaine and you'll be right as rain mate"

€95 is a reasonable price - considering what you average Dublin tradesman would charge if he was filling it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Shop around if it bothers you. It has been a while since I got a filling but that does sound about normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Whooooa Jetson,

Keep your hair on mate..... Just looking for some indication of whether this was normal enough charging, thanks for the helpful and friendly post :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

yeah its close enough to average pricing

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Mine are 140!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i got 2 fillings done today and the dentist charged 140euro.

they would have been 100 each but my PRSI contributions covered 30 euro of the cost leaving me with the 70 euro per tooth balance.so the 95 euro is pretty normal.

Advertisement