Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos in Carlow

Options
  • 26-04-2008 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I wonder would anyone know a good place to take passport photos in Carlow town? I mean one that someone has tried for the new machine-readable passports where the photos aren't rejected by the passport office?

(I'm a bit silly and have left it a bit late to renew my passport...I'd like to make sure my photos are accepted first time!)

Thanks very much in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

is a photobooth not good enough anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

No not necessarily. Lots of people have their photos rejected because they don't fit requirements (face too "smiley", glasses too far down nose, colour not right...)

No not necessarily. Lots of people have their photos rejected because they don't fit requirements (face too "smiley", glasses too far down nose, colour not right...)

are you serious? I've never had an issue with my photos. The first time I got my passport the photos were taken in a booth and when I renewed it last time my sister took the photo and sized it down herself and i used that.

Yes I am. I don't know if acceptance is hit or miss, or what. But I have heard quite a number of stories of photos being rejected, I'm not making it up! :)

ok I believe ya, just go to a booth and don't be "too "smiley", glasses too far down nose, colour not right..." and you'll be grand. IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a new machine out for passport photos. The passport office are very strict but I have heard stories of them refusing photos before and suggesting you use the place next door instead. So ya, be careful.

OP: Most chemists should have the facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Go to Sam McCauley in Fairgreen or Carlow Shopping Centre and get them done there. Always good quality and they let you take a different one if you dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

try corless's chemist on dublin street got mine done there for new passport and no problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sam macs in fairgreen! Professional, quick and not dear! Had my first one rejected, Went somewhere for first photo then went to sam macs in fairgreen and had mine taken. they tell you which way to stand and since mine the bro got his done and there was no problems:)

best place to go in carlow in my experience!

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try SamMcs tomorrow and let ye know how I get on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hi guys,

I wonder would anyone know a good place to take passport photos in Carlow town? I mean one that someone has tried for the new machine-readable passports where the photos aren't rejected by the passport office?

(I'm a bit silly and have left it a bit late to renew my passport...I'd like to make sure my photos are accepted first time!)

Thanks very much in advance! :)

There's a photo booth in the Passport Office.

Advertisement