Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any opinions on this scope?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12173

was browsing through and found this scope, really cheap.

Not sure if it will fit on my g36c. I made an order with a few bits and bobs anyway.

Really cheap with free shipping or if you cant wait 3-5 day express for 10 euro :)

just wondering if anyone would know if it would fit onto my g36c, couldnt find anywhere on google to clarify it.

looks the business though, even if it is cheapy and ****, im sure it will fill my backgarden needs

edit :

actually i just read through it againa and it doesnt really clarified, i know mods dont allow talk of "lzsers" but did i just ordered one, i figured its like a red dot scope, a scope that has a fixed red dot inside..

did i just go and make a boo boo :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

the scope will fit alright, just need a bit of dremeling, however they are of extremely poor quality. like everything of dx, you get wat you pay for but will sometimeses be pleasently surprised.
    to be honest any scope you put on an airsoft gun will disappoint you, ou will nevr hit the same place twice due to inconsistancies from shot to shot.
    ther lazers they have are fairly good, i mount them on all my guns.the green ones can blind a player on the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ther lazers they have are fairly good, i mount them on all my guns.the green ones can blind a player on the other team.

please say your not even joking on that one ....................

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

if he gets this thread locked ill go mad...want some decent feedback, not on lasers..ffs..

scope only please....

i have not seen or used on of them but i know the type, there normaly not very good and of poor quality, for the price i would go for somthing like this

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=51

or

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=47

ok so it is just a scope with a dot inside it? thanks for clearing that up

its mainly for recreational use at home

as mentioned above i dont see the practicallity of using scopes, red dots, hunting crosshairs etc during skirmishes due to the difference from shot to shot from an airsoft gun.

extensive testing of my new g36 shows ive fine aim with ironsights
    (ive a target the shape of an average mans chest that i can hit from various distances)
    so im just going to stick with that :)

• Advertisement

the item you linked to is a red dot sight, it will allow you to shot with pretty much the same accuracy as iron sites with the added bonus of allowing you to do it with both eyes open and maintaining a larger field of vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

soory i didnt mean that as a positive aspect, just some thing you need to be careful with re: the green lazers.
    ebaybanned have some vey good scopes indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Old story, you get what you pay for. As long as it works, looks good to the eye & doesn't break after a month, why worry. Its for airsoft, not for an assassination. Or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

soory i didnt mean that as a positive aspect, just some thing you need to be careful with re: the green lazers.
    ebaybanned have some vey good scopes indeed.

Generally laser sights aren't discussed on this forum,

it is against the charter for various reasons, namely that we are not sure of the legality of such devices.

Next week, there should be some new clarification (hopefully) on the legality or airsoft mounted lasers, as per the locked threads bellow this one.

For now they aren't used or discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

[DM]-TheDOC- has a genuine query about something here and as he has just said, would appreciate it if this didn't turn into a discussion about lasers.

(Red dot scopes are something completely different)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't trust deal extreme for 30$, Id say get something similar from ehobby or one of the Irish retailers.

well i guess i relay my finding in a few days, all paid for, 35 euro, really nothing if you think about it, that includes express delivery for 3 kits

like i said ill let you all know, spoke to a few people from boards who say dspite price they are good quality and worth the venture

and ive cleared up that yes its a red dot scope so im safe at heart now :)

Let us know if its good, Its just worth being wary of super cheap gear, though it could be perfectly good.

Looks pretty cool actually :D

Lets hope its usable.

yeah me too, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Puding wrote: »
    i have not seen or used on of them but i know the type, there normaly not very good and of poor quality, for the price i would go for somthing like this

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=51

or

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=47

+1 I have both of those scope also from the same supplier ebaybanned and they are very good.

I also have this one
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=43

Its red/green illuminated, windage adjustment does not need a screwdriver, magnification can be set as low as 2x, paralax is adjustable so things are not fuzzy at airsoft ranges. Eye relief is not great but not a show stopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I bought other stuff from deal extreme recently got it delivered pretty fast
    but some of the items were faulty. Their prices are amazing but....
    Dealextreme have CRAP after sales support. Myself and some friends all had/have issue
    with getting them to answer complaints.

I needed to return something and my order number was nor recognized.
    The complaint ticket thing did not work correctly.
    I got an email back from them 2 days ago saying my complaint was not their department.

A buddy ordered some things that were faulty and they wanted photographs of the
    faulty goods (no good cos it was a phone that did not have reception) they wanted
    the Customer to Pay for the postage goods both ways in the event of a return.

I will (like a fool) be risking another purchase in the next few weeks as what I want is so cheap! and I dont care if
    it only works for a few weeks.

~B

Advertisement