Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired Airsoft Club (Galway) - First Meet (11th May)

Options
  • 25-04-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

waclogo.jpg

We are pleased to announce the first meet organised by the Wired Airsoft Club (Galway) at G-TAC on the 11th of May.

This will be a full day skirmish, from 9am to 7pm (including travel time).

There are a total of 25 places available (with at least 10 of those already vouched for).

Timetable

This timetable is an example of what happens, the actual day may vary (the bus times are set though).

09:00 - The bus leaves the Cathederal in Galway.
    10:10 - Bus arrives at G-TAC. Arrange your equipment, purchase ammo if necessary and have your airsoft device chronoed.
    10:30 - Close Quarters Battle in the CQB area.
    11:30 - Move to the Gorse and/or Woodland areas, usually for Capture The Flag or Team Deathmatch.
    13:20 - Dinner! Burgers, hotdogs and chips for everone.
    14:00 - Objective play in the CQB area, with games such as Retrieval (where you must capture packages for your team to earn points).
    15:00 - Back to the Gorse and/or Woodland areas, usually for Capture The Flag or Team Deathmatch.
    18:00 - The bus leaves G-TAC for Galway.
    19:10 - Bus arrives at the Cathederal in Galway.

Transport

The bus travels along this route , from the Cathederal to G-TAC. Pick-up points along that route will be organised on our forum.

Price & Booking

The price is €35 (full day at G-TAC, food and transport).

The booking deposit is €10, for which you will recieve a ticket (it is non-refundable, but you can sell it on). The remaining €25 can be paid while booking or on the day (the €25 is refundable if you cancel or can't make it).

Booking tickets will be available from Wired Gaming, 2 Domick Street Upper, from Tuesday 29th of April.

Requirements

- You must be at least 16 years old. Those aged 16/17 will need their parent/guardian to sign this waiver in advance.

- An airsoft device (rifle, shotgun, pistol etc) with a muzzle velocity of less than 1 Joule (as per Irish law).

Notes

- We have some masks (face protection) available for use on the day (no charge) for those that do not have their own.

- Dressing in camoflauge is recommended, but not required. If you do not have camo available it is best to dress in dark greens/browns.

- Unfortunately we (and G-TAC) have no rentals left at this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Good news, it'll be handy for people in Galway.

However......Since this is in essence, a commercial venture, you really should have PM'd a moderator before announcing this, I'll let it go for now, but I've said this too many times before and (as a warning to all others) i'd be well within rights as moderator to ban people for posting this kind of thing without asking for permission first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Hey kd,

The Wired Airsoft Club is a Wired community exercise and not a financial one. Malboury and Sarklor are other principals of the club and they have no association with Wired other than being members.

Wired Gaming/Wired Computer Services Limited will not profit from the club, the price quoted (€35) is the minimum required to cover G-TAC and the bus. I also have no connection to G-TAC other than creating it's website, which I did to support airsoft in Galway.

I do understand where you're coming from of course, and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

My apologies, I thought that since you were operating it from Wired gaming that there would be some level of profit incorporated into the ticket price or the rental AEG price. Perhaps when the club becomes popular it would have some form of funds generated my it's members that can be put back into the club for better rentals.

Either way, announcements like this in the forum should go through a moderator first since it is advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

When you say 25 places, is that just the club, as that day is in the firing line for me and snipers next trip after the gathering,
    so my question is, does this club event mean club only or is it the 25 places and whoever else shows up who arent in the club, ie: us and the likes of tony(marklmk) from limerick?

Hehe, don't worry man the 25 places are how many seats we have on our bus. :)

Should be a great day!

• Advertisement

Phew(wipes sweaty brow and stops panicking):D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MarkLmk

RabidDog wrote: »
    Hehe, don't worry man the 25 places are how many seats we have on our bus. :)

Should be a great day!

As I remove RabidDog from my new Sights hehe

kdouglas wrote: »
    My apologies, I thought that since you were operating it from Wired gaming that there would be some level of profit incorporated into the ticket price or the rental AEG price. Perhaps when the club becomes popular it would have some form of funds generated my it's members that can be put back into the club for better rentals.

Either way, announcements like this in the forum should go through a moderator first since it is advertising.

Will do. :)

Yeah we're heavily community based (our members vote on all our games, events etc) and we're expanding that into other areas like airsoft and karting. It's all about providing a social experience.

I'm looking into getting some money together to purchase ten rentals for the club, so that we can offer the whole day + rental for €50.

karting, is that at pallas karting?, thats a great track, longest in ireland i think

Killinator wrote: »
    karting, is that at pallas karting?, thats a great track, longest in ireland i think

Yup, that's the one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

do you have to be a club member to avail of the bus?

Advertisement