Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legality of lasers

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hi people
    For many weeks now i have been in dialog with the department of Justice in relation to the legality of laser devices.
    Some of you have noticed that we are now advertising laser devices on our website and have asked us if they are legal, as if we would sell them if they weren't, but I can assure you they are legal to buy and to use.
    The law now states that lasers of class 111a, or up to 5mw, 630-680nm, are not classed as a firearms, so that makes them legal to sell, buy and use on an airsoft device.
    Any of the lasers we have seen in class 111a are 650nm, 250mw.
    we are very pleased with this result as many of you have been wanting to use lasers, but were in the dark as to the legalities.
    Once again this proves that perseverance pays dividends and if its not written in law, then its not law.

Have fun with your new lasers.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'll have mine for the gathering now lol Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Excellent news, I can stop taunting the kitten and stick it on my M4.:)
    I always felt the interpretation dominating the Irish airsoft scene was erring
    seriously on the side of caution. Time to revist dealextreme me thinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

Excellent news, I can stop taunting the kitten and stick it on my M4.:)
    I always felt the interpretation dominating the Irish airsoft scene was erring
    seriously on the side of caution. Time to revist dealextreme me thinks...

Whats dealextreme?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

*flicks the other "on" switch on fully operational PEQ-2*

Interesting development, sure makes the 100 bucks I spent on the PEQ seem worth it. I predict an upsurge in people buying bolt on lasers for the upcoming cqb fest that seems on the horizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

BFSL wrote: »
    Whats dealextreme?

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.914

Cheap as chips with free shipping. I've placed about 20 orders
    with them and the one time I've had to use customer service
    for an RMA they were top notch.

They offer wholesale and bulk rates too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Folks, I'm going to have to remind you all that there is a section of the charter forbidding discussion of mountable laser pointers as we were advised that they were in fact deemed componant parts of a firearm.

Thread locked for the moment until this is sorted out. If what bfsl said is true and it is indeed fully legal, some changes will have to be made. I'm going to have to have a word with the other mods.

Bear with me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement