Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Prayer

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Ok, firstly I know this will mostly go down like a lead balloon!! :D

But, can I say, I'm not some holy jo attempting to spread the lords name throughout the world, are any malarkey like that!

I remember reading a poster in my Religion class many years ago which I think applies to me (& lots of other at that!)
    It read:-
    I believe in the power of prayer!
    (Especially before an exam!) ;)

I was given this prayer by a friend, I since having it I completed a 4 yr degree, which included lots of CA, christmas, easter & summer exams, & I never once failed an exam.

Maybe it was completely down to me, maybe it wasn't. Either way, the combination worked for me, & now I find myself facing exams again, & so the prayer has come out again.

I'm putting it up here, so that some of ye, if ye feel you need a bit of divine inspiration or god knows what, can access it if you wish. If you don't that's also fine by me.

If it helps even one person (even if that's just by calming the nerves) then it'll have been worth it.
    EXAM PRAYER
    O, great St. Joseph of Cupertino
    who by your prayers
    did obtain from God,
    the grace, that you would be asked
    in your examinations, only the
    questions you knew well.

Gain for me, through your
    intercession with God,
    that I, like you,
    may succeed in the examinations
    that lie before me.
    In return I promise to make
    your name known & cause
    it to be invoked.

BTW, you should google this guy. Seems like he was a bit of a charachter!

I hope I don't cause any offence by this.

If it's not your cup of tea, then please just ignore it so that those who feel they might get use out of it may do so.

Thank you.
    Sister Chrissy of Boards.ie :eek::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i dont mind the idea of distributing the prayer but i have a problem with the encouragement of prayer at exam time, it just encourages the ''usage'' of Xtianity in times of need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fad wrote: »
    i dont mind the idea of distributing the prayer but i have a problem with the encouragement of prayer at exam time, it just encourages the ''usage'' of Xtianity in times of need
    If you have the work put in and are happy then prayer is fine but just praying when you know you have done no work is stupid and not worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I seriously fail to see how praying, whether you bothered to study or not, will be 'worthwhile'.

On the other hand, if you sincerely are religious and you believe that there is some old white dude in the sky listening too you, then I suppose prayer will give you an added boost of confidence. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Chrissy wrote: »
    Ok, firstly I know this will mostly go down like a lead balloon!! :D

But, can I say, I'm not some holy jo attempting to spread the lords name throughout the world, are any malarkey like that!

I remember reading a poster in my Religion class many years ago which I think applies to me (& lots of other at that!)
    It read:-
    I believe in the power of prayer!
    (Especially before an exam!) ;)

I was given this prayer by a friend, I since having it I completed a 4 yr degree, which included lots of CA, christmas, easter & summer exams, & I never once failed an exam.

Maybe it was completely down to me, maybe it wasn't. Either way, the combination worked for me, & now I find myself facing exams again, & so the prayer has come out again.

I'm putting it up here, so that some of ye, if ye feel you need a bit of divine inspiration or god knows what, can access it if you wish. If you don't that's also fine by me.

If it helps even one person (even if that's just by calming the nerves) then it'll have been worth it.

BTW, you should google this guy. Seems like he was a bit of a charachter!

I hope I don't cause any offence by this.

If it's not your cup of tea, then please just ignore it so that those who feel they might get use out of it may do so.

Thank you.
    Sister Chrissy of Boards.ie :eek::D

Thanks for the prayer . But students should keep in mind that if you don’t get the grades you desire. Something else out there will come true which would be more important to you in your live. So don’t give up

K4t wrote: »
    If you have the work put in and are happy then prayer is fine but just praying when you know you have done no work is stupid and not worthwhile.

thats not when i mean, but people only go to mass when the need something from ''god'' exams, family death, stuff like that. statistics show mass attendance goes up around exam time. i just cant understand how someone can next to ignore thier faith and then suddenly embrace it when they are nervous about an exam or something. i have no problem with prayer per say but praying when you want something i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

thats not when i mean, but people only go to mass when the need something from ''god'' exams, family death, stuff like that. statistics show mass attendance goes up around mass time. i just cant understand how someone can next to ignore thier faith and then suddenly embrace it when they are nervous about an exam or something. i have no problem with prayer per say but praying when you want something i do

Shocking!!:D

highlighting my post and saying shocking isnt much of a reply now in fairness!

the point is that it shouldnt raise it should remain consistant all time, your either an observant catholic or your not in fairness (but thats well off the point)

highlighting my post and saying shocking isnt much of a reply now in fairness!

the point is that it shouldnt raise it should remain consistant all time, your either an observant catholic or your not in fairness (but thats well off the point)

I wasnt the one disputing your logic.Thought what you said was funny.I am an atheist though and I agree that people who only pray come a time of importance are really not religious at all

titan18 wrote: »
    I wasnt the one disputing your logic.Thought what you said was funny.I am an atheist though and I agree that people who only pray come a time of importance are really not religious at all

oh well sorry about the harshness of my response, but what the hell was the point of your response in fairness

oh well sorry about the harshness of my response, but what the hell was the point of your response in fairness

No point.People do it all the time.Adds humour.Pointing out your mistake

• Advertisement

fair enough basically post count +1?

i dont even know how ths happened

eek double

No point.People do it all the time.Adds humour.Pointing out your mistake
    woah i only saw the mistake there
    hah

never actulally read you post just presume you were taking the piss, suppose you have a point of sorts :(

fair enough basically post count +1?

No.I dont care about post count on this forum.I only really come on for the Leaving Cert section.And kinda at the moment for GTA

No.I dont care about post count on this forum.I only really come on for the Leaving Cert section.And kinda at the moment for GTA

im one to talk now in fairness four posts in a row somehow i dont even know what happened, i wont argue with you again deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Thats a really nice prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I love a good prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Thanks for the share. It's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Chrissy

Ye're all very welcome!;)

Now, as said already, don't rely on the prayer completely!!!
    You've to do some actual work also!!!!:p

But:- best of luck to everyone. Hope it all goes well for ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Jason, how you say you're not a grandad I'll neverrrr know!

Thanks for the prayer, Chrissy, really nice sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thanks for that. I said the Prayer and we ended up not having a test.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

How about a nice quote instead ..

"everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

daggy wrote: »
    How about a nice quote instead ..

"everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

:)

Good one.
    gaybitch wrote: »
    Jason, how you say you're not a grandad I'll neverrrr know!

How am I a grandad?

I've been saying this prayer and have been getting on quite well in the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

This is the gayest thing I've ever seen on the internet. And I've seen lemonparty.org.

disssco wrote: »
    This is the gayest thing I've ever seen on the internet. And I've seen lemonparty.org.
    There's nothing wrong with Faith and Belief in Religion.

Advertisement