Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahhhh sunburn

Options
  • 24-04-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

hi ladies and gentlemen i was out skiing today got really badly sunburned on my face and or course have the huge marks where my sunglasses were. any suggestions on how to calm it down.i have no natural yogurt or aloe vera so i need help pronto. thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Aloe Vera is good, but if it's really bad you might want to get a burn cream in the chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

chuci wrote: »
    hi ladies i was out skiing today got really badly sunburned on my face and or course have the huge marks where my sunglasses were. any suggestions on how to calm it down.i have no natural yogurt or aloe vera so i need help pronto. thanks.

Why only ladies? Do guys not get sunburnt as well no?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Putting suncream in the fridge and using it when its cold will ease the pain for a little while but I don't think it will heal it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You can pick up aloe vera gel in most chemists. Aftersun also works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why only ladies? Do guys not get sunburnt as well no?

apologies i just edited it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

hey same thing happened to me this easter!

Best thing i've found is the vaseline aloe vera body lotion. I think's it in a greeny bottle. You'll find it in any chemist and most supermarkets although i assume you're up the mountains somewhere so i'd go for the chemists.

Works a treat!

Good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

+1 for the 100% aloe vera gel. Make sure its cold aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

A product called BurnShield Hydrogel, from any decent pharmacy. Its absolutely brilliant, it comes in a gel or spray form. When kept in the fridge it is a life-saver for really bad burns. It is based on tea-tree oil, which is a natural antiseptic too.

If you cant get a hold of that, +1 for any Aloe Vera gel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thanks for all the help found some aloe vera in the oddest supermarket. looking mucho better. thanks again.

Advertisement