Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the hell(exactly)is..........................

Options
  • 24-04-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭

.......................St Edmunds, Palmerstown, Dublin 20??? I am completely baffled at the map that the developers have on their website????

Is it on the left hand side as you head west(beside Liffey Valley Shopping Centre) or is it on the left hand side as you head east towards the City Centre?

Thanks

MM

EDIT: If anyone can post a link to a map that would be great. The map on the developers website is a load of s***e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dunno. Liffey Valley is in the wrong place, so... looks dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

coming from city take turn off for liffey valley but go around roundabout and head under bridge then it should be one of the turn offs from the roundabout in fron of you (the Kings Hospital roundabout)

heading into town take turnoff for Liffey valley shopping centre should be near round about in front of you

could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Don't know the area all that well myself, but this thread might be of interest!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Found it.

It's actually on the right-hand side of the road, after you go around the roundabout next to the Clarion Hotel in the Liffey Valley complex. Most of the roads are called "Mount Andrew" something or other.

Why the f**k couldn't the council have called it "Mount Andrew" instead of "St Edmunds"?? It's very confusing owing to the fact that there is a place called St Edmundsbury on the opposite side of the Lucan by-pass(beside the Hermitage Golf Club)?????

Who gets paid to make these f**king "decisions"......?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why the f**k couldn't the council have called it "Mount Andrew" instead of "St Edmunds"?? It's very confusing owing to the fact that there is a place called St Edmundsbury on the opposite side of the Lucan by-pass(beside the Hermitage Golf Club)?????
    "Mount Andrew" is the name of the development beside St Edmund's built around 10 years ago. Couldn't have both named the same, could we? :)

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    "Mount Andrew" is the name of the development beside St Edmund's built around 10 years ago. Couldn't have both named the same, could we? :)

Oh, I didn't know that??? But calling the various roads in St Edmunds "Mount Andrew....." is even more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you actually go down there, or are you just looking at a map? It's that new that St Edmund's won't be on any maps, so maybe you were actually looking at Mount Andrew?

seamus wrote: »
    Did you actually go down there, or are you just looking at a map? It's that new that St Edmund's won't be on any maps, so maybe you were actually looking at Mount Andrew?

What???? How can it not be on any maps?? That doesn't make sense. And yes, I drove past Mount Andrew, St Edmunds or whatever the f**k it's called......??

Now I'm totally confused.................? I was under the impression that "Mount Andrew" and "St Edmunds" were one and the same.......?

:confused::(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you look at this map (look for 'entrance'), it is neither on the Lucan Road nor Fonthill Road. It is on St. Loman's Road (with a pedestrian access to the Lucan Road). http://www.stedmunds.ie/site_plan/index.htm

From the Liffey Valley interchange, the shopping centre is in the south east quadrant, this is on the south west quadrant.

Its here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=liffey+valley+dublin&sll=37.020098,-95.668945&sspn=24.824939,58.535156&ie=UTF8&ll=53.355393,-6.406113&spn=0.004546,0.014291&t=h&z=17

South and west of the blue roofed buildings. If you get to Mount Andrew Dale or Mount Andrew Avenue, you have gone too far.

Advertisement