Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounts

Options
  • 24-04-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

So...I'm almost lvl 40 & I get to have my first mount :D
    Buut.. I'm having trouble deciding which to choose.

Any suggestions?
    I'm a Draenei mage. Was thinking of getting a horse, eventually a Talbuk (<3 love them):p.

??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anytime ive got my first mount it was a specific horse for each race.
    Later on with rep and or pvp honour you can get different mounts.

Draenei mount ? im sorry but i just got to lol at their silly looking mount not to mention the male draenei walking as if he has a pole up his rear end :)

First mount sure was excitint though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

So...I'm almost lvl 40 & I get to have my first mount :D
    Buut.. I'm having trouble deciding which to choose.

Any suggestions?
    I'm a Draenei mage. Was thinking of getting a horse, eventually a Talbuk (<3 love them):p.

??

I assume you aren't exalted with any other alliance faction,

So therefore your only choice is the Elekk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as mentioned above you need to have exalted with the other races whos mount your class is eligable to use. i have never rolled alliance so im not sure what mounts draenei can use

copeyhagen wrote: »
    as mentioned above you need to have exalted with the other races whos mount your class is eligable to use. i have never rolled alliance so im not sure what mounts draenei can use

They can use Rams, Sabres, Elekks, Horses.

They can't use the Mechanostriders.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Well obviously at my lvl I'm not exaulted yet, but I'm getting my rep up.
    :D

• Advertisement

not mad about the alliance mounts, sabers are ok, horses arnt bad either.

both factions have a lot of crap mounts. hate the kodo for horde. as a belf i have the ostrich/chicken looking hybrid thing.

on my warr i have them all except the kodo. the red war raptor from pvp marks was probably my fav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

copeyhagen wrote: »
    both factions have a lot of crap mounts. hate the kodo for horde. as a belf i have the ostrich/chicken looking hybrid thing.

The Kodo is fairly crappy alright, but the swift one isn't all that bad (with all the badass chains and stuff...)
    War wolves are easily the best Horde mounts. I started trying to get my rep up with Orgrimar, but there's only so much runecloth you can hand in before it starts to feel like a waste of time and money...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, the wolf mounts are the coolest land mounts you can get, followed by the Sabre. The Ammani Warbear is also pretty damn cool. I've always preffered horses though, dunno why. The Pally epic mount is my favourite mount in the game, prefer it even to the lock epic mount.

haha yeh the war bear looks awsome.

ah i got sick of the wolf after a while. same with the undead epic horse. i tend to use one mount only for ages and end up getting bored of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

deathcharger > *

especially on noam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

spectral tiger ftw tbh !

Or whatever its called, 2 lads in the guild have them... and they got them from playing the card game.. I'd almost start if i could get one.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I love my elekks on my draenei priest...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Currently doing all the Darnassus lowbie quests (from the NE starting area in Teldrassil onwards) on a bunch of my chars - if you stick at it you get to about 8/21k by the time you start the Nightsong (east end of Ashenvale) and Stonetalon quests for them. If you start @ level 35 ish you can blow through them in about 12-14 hours of grinding (less if you have a kindly hunter friend group with you and use AotP to speed up travel). The same is true of the majority of factions, that you can grind to exalted with them by doing the racial starting quests from 1-35, the exception on the Alliance side being Gnomergan, which has too few rep quests.

By the end of it all, I should have a whole bunch of sabres and I'll get to avoid seeing an elekk's butt for 30 levels x 5 chars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

WellyJ wrote: »
    So therefore your only choice is the Elekk.

I hate them stupid ****ing elekks. People who get them should be shot. Standing on top of mailboxes, Warmasters, NPC's etc... I'd love be able to punch people through my screen sometimes.... DIE!!!!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

People who get them should be shot.

I agree, kill the Alliance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I have one of these on my Hunter:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=12351

I get tells about it all the time. :) Super rare, especially in Europe.

If I had to pick another ground mount it would be the Warbear, that looks sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

the raven mount from the druid epic flight form boss in sethekk is most definitely the sweetest ground mount there is

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32768

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bern you know that ****s gonna drop when I do my swift flight form quest this weekend! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

1 good thing I've found about elekks.....

I'm currently levelling a number of alts on different accounts (PvE multiboxing for fun) so I'm often travelling through places like ashenvale or STV with a lvl 41 Warlock leading on a 60% dreadsteed, 3 drenai @ 40-44 on elekks and a lvl 70 1k spelldamage mage on a sabre. Level 50-60 chars never spot the mage underneath the elekks when they come in to gank the 40's..

Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

DRakE wrote: »
    Bern you know that ****s gonna drop when I do my swift flight form quest this weekend! >_>

Huh? Did I even post on this thread :eek:

Must be mistaken identity :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I can't believe all the Kodo hate in this thread :(
    Funky wrote: »
    the raven mount from the druid epic flight form boss in sethekk is most definitely the sweetest ground mount there is

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32768

I was doing my epic flight form quest on the day the patch was released when the first one of these on the server dropped, rolled 92 only for a guildie to roll 94. Sick.

Imo the amani war bear is the coolest land mount around, although I still love the raptor from mandokir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

serious lack of baron apperciation in here!

a pally on my server often hangs around in if in full judgement corrupted ashbringer in hand sitting on his baron mount

how i envy him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Berns wrote: »
    Huh? Did I even post on this thread :eek:

Must be mistaken identity :D

don't worry about it you're just stealing my name !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah go steal names ELSEWHERE MATE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Funky wrote: »
    don't worry about it you're just stealing my name !

LIES :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

DRakE wrote: »
    Yeah go steal names ELSEWHERE MATE

He's not your MATE, BUDDY!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's not your BUDDY, PAL!

This is what im currently using :

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19030

Anti wrote: »
    This is what im currently using :

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19030

You need to run ZG for the tiger

• Advertisement

No interest for the tiger or mount sin general really. I only have this as i hit the cap on badges at the last AV weekend.

Advertisement