Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customize your iPhone earphones

Options
  • 24-04-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Saw a bit about this on the net and went and did it and its very easy and great for those who want to use their expensive earphones but want a mic on the cord etc.

I had a brand new set of apple in-ear earphones and wanted to have the mic to be able to use them with the iphone. I found the exact guide I needed here.
    So i went and did them and I'm very pleased with the results. You should be able to do this with any earphone. This will NOT reduce the sound quality either as you are not splicing the wires. Basically you dissemble the earphones and melt the solder thats attaching the wires to the buds and swap the cables and solder them back. Nothing complicated in it either.

Heres a pic of my finished ones

IMG_0024.jpg

Any questions just post here. The in-ear buds prise off where as the normal ipod earphones twist off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

good idea, but there's no way i'd do that to my shure's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I know what you mean but its a very simple job. There are guides on how to do them with Shures too. The hardest thing is taking them apart, which isn't very hard. Why not try do it with a cheaper pair first? You'll see how easy it is. The clicker/mic works well. I can now pause, skip tracks and answer calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

love to try this but i can't solder (dont even have the equipment)

the apple earphones are very uncomfortable

Advertisement