Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD problem

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Wharfdale 19" LCD tv with built in dvd player at Christmas and I am having problems with the dvd player.

When I insert a disc, the player clicks & buzzes for a few mins (as if it's searching for data) before displaying "No Disc" on the screen.

Now I know I will probably have to return it to where I bought it for repairs or replacement, but just wondering if anyone knows what the cause is?

Is the player completely knackered once this happens?

It was working fine yesterday and I have tried playing several dvd's all of which are original copies.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Hi keefg,

unfortunately this sounds like the the dvd drive has had it as I've experienced this problem myself in the past. Luckily if you only bought it at Christmas then you won't have any problems having it repaired under warranty, good luck with it,

regards,
    Tweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just saw this thread now ... The same happened to me with the dvd player part of a Phillips Home-Cinema System and when i phoned the place where i bought it (purchased just before Christmas like yourself) they told me "no problem, just bring it in to us and we'll send it away and get it fixed for you" and i got it back the following week, problem-free :)

Advertisement